The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Found the Crappie lost the Crappie  (Read 512 times)

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Found the Crappie lost the Crappie
« on: Feb 05, 2024, 07:50 AM »
After numerous tries trying to find the Crappie on a local lake we finally found them on Saturday afternoon/night. The fish were spread out everywhere, we pretty much caught them in every hole. The bite was so good we went back yesterday, but only got a few. What a difference a day makes.

Offline Ruimachado

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Found the Crappie lost the Crappie
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2024, 10:12 AM »
Crappies are always on the move, they roam sometimes around the whole basin of the lake, but if you caught them on a certain area at a certain time they will likely be roaming past that area eventually, maybe at different times but for the most part they will be returning there around the same time everyday, or at least general area.
At least that's my experience year after year.

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2024, 11:25 AM »
Crappies are always on the move, they roam sometimes around the whole basin of the lake, but if you caught them on a certain area at a certain time they will likely be roaming past that area eventually, maybe at different times but for the most part they will be returning there around the same time everyday, or at least general area.
At least that's my experience year after year.
Yeah we used the same bait/lures, went about the same time and even re-drilled through the same holes. I'm pretty sure they were there, just not cooperating.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2024, 11:35 AM »
Yeah we used the same bait/lures, went about the same time and even re-drilled through the same holes. I'm pretty sure they were there, just not cooperating.

I've had them hite so light you would never know there were there if you didn't lift your line. Have also had says they just slam the bait
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2024, 11:45 AM »
Green light helps more often than not.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2024, 08:26 PM »
Nice to see that you finally tracked them down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.