The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU GET YOUR NICKNAME FOR IS?!?  (Read 6853 times)

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Re: HOW DID YOU GET YOUR NICKNAME FOR IS?!?
« Reply #90 on: Oct 13, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Only catch slabs  & love GODZILLA!
   Are you referring to a GODZILLA lure ?

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Nov 19, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Got the nickname back when I was off roading alot in a 4x4 Kawasaki Teryx UTV with my daughter .

Offline No Fish Caught Again

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Nov 19, 2018, 03:43 PM »
It took 24 hours of fishing to catch my first Ice fishing fish.  My son didn't fair much better.  We were introduced to the sport in January.  We have plans on getting our own shelter, float bibs, electronics, etc. This year.  We just did derby's last year and the help from other fishermen was nothing less than spectacular.  We didn't have an auger or shelter, just a couple poles and chairs.  People offered us warmth and holes.  I told him some day we can return the favors.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Nov 19, 2018, 04:27 PM »
It took 24 hours of fishing to catch my first Ice fishing fish.  My son didn't fair much better.  We were introduced to the sport in January.  We have plans on getting our own shelter, float bibs, electronics, etc. This year.  We just did derby's last year and the help from other fishermen was nothing less than spectacular.  We didn't have an auger or shelter, just a couple poles and chairs.  People offered us warmth and holes.  I told him some day we can return the favors.

Now THAT has to be the BEST story about the spirit & comoradory of the ice fishing community I have had the pleasure of reading . Thanks for sharing ! :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Nov 19, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Got my nickname from going to car races 2 and 3 nights a week or more

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #95 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:41 PM »
No Fish Caught Again may things improve this season . Hopefully you made some friends at the derby's who can help you put fish on the ice on regular basis. Ditto 4x4Dad's comment glad you met so many kind folks willing to help your son and you at the derbys.
Steve

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #96 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:50 PM »
I got my nickname by finishing off my basement and drinking a lot of beer and like an epiphany it came to me my mancave, MANCAVEBURNETT.
I'm a simple fellow lol.

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Nov 20, 2018, 07:16 AM »
My name is mike. I ice fish a LOT!!
Been on here for many many years!
I was going thru divorce few years ago and.... following winter I forgot my dam password to my original name.
That's how I got it, sad isn't it lol

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Nov 20, 2018, 07:57 AM »
My Son Hawkeye Holden got his from being on the cover of the Hawkeye Hunting and Fishing News when he was 9 in 2015.  The biggest fish he had caught before this one was a 3 lb bass so he was pretty excited to catch a 10 lb pike.  You should have seen his eyes when the fish ran and pulled him towards the hole.  He didn't panic, he slipped some line so the fish could run and then hauled it back in which happed a few times before he got it up the hole where I could grab it.

They still use his cover in their advertising today.

https://www.hawkeyenews.biz/main/page_sample_news_pages.html

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Nov 20, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Very cool!

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Nov 20, 2018, 04:58 PM »
My Son Hawkeye Holden got his from being on the cover of the Hawkeye Hunting and Fishing News when he was 9 in 2015.  The biggest fish he had caught before this one was a 3 lb bass so he was pretty excited to catch a 10 lb pike.  You should have seen his eyes when the fish ran and pulled him towards the hole.  He didn't panic, he slipped some line so the fish could run and then hauled it back in which happed a few times before he got it up the hole where I could grab it.

They still use his cover in their advertising today.

https://www.hawkeyenews.biz/main/page_sample_news_pages.html
Now THAT is awesome!!!
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Dinosaur1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Nov 21, 2018, 05:10 PM »
From the kids.
Old guy sitting in front of computer screen. Index finger hovering over screen quietly swearing at it under breath.
Kids: NO! Don't. Don't!  How did you get it to do that? What did you touch?
Old Guy: I didn't do anything. Who writes these programs any ways. I don't know wether to tap, swipe, wipe. I'd like to get my hands on that little blankety blank, etc. etc.
Kids: Dinosaurs shouldn't play with computers.

Offline Fishingixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Mine is a combination of my two biggest hobby passions....Fishing, both hard and soft water and my Suzuki GSX-R. I actually looked into a telescopic rod and some Plano boxes for a back pack to do both.

Offline clintonstick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Dec 02, 2018, 08:29 PM »
mine nickname was given to me by one of the best fisherman and outdoorsman i will ever meet.He gave it to me because i lived in a city called clinton and the stick part refers to my ability to catch fish.He calls me the clintonstick which coming from a guy of his caliber i am very proud of it.The guy is also a very good judge in talent,LOL.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.