Author Topic: pond help  (Read 235 times)

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
pond help
« on: Feb 22, 2012, 01:15 PM »
If this isent in the right place maybe the mods can move it.

My buddy has about a one acre pond that is roughly 20ft deep. It use to have trout in it. We were thinking about planting some gills and perch in it.I was wondering if this pond could handle a few fish. It has a great source of minnows so the food is there. Just wondering if the size and depth is ok.

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: pond help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:08 PM »
There is a pond down the road from me that is same size but its only about 8 feet deep and has bass sunnies and perch so i think they will do fine in his pond especially if trout were able to live in it.
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2012, 02:23 PM »
PLEASE check with your D.E.C. may need a lic. will be able to tell you how many fish to put in pond
i was told that if you have 6 fish[any type] you must have  PAIR[male, female]
i have several ponds,have lic.,but have not put fish in my ponds in about 10 years,all have warm water fish,
trout didnot work out for me,
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2012, 03:36 PM »
thank you guys. I'll check out and see what they have to say on it. I really was wondering if the pond could handle some fish. We were thinking how nice it would be to have a small place somewhere where we could get on the ice early and nobody else will be able to get there and fish it. Just a little private area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.