Author Topic: ROD HELP?  (Read 482 times)

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
ROD HELP?
« on: Dec 04, 2009, 05:33 PM »
im looking for a rod to fish with for lake trout. But all the heavy ones i come across looks like they went outside and cut a tree branch and called it a fishing rod. Im not looking to pull up ships that sunk years ago, just looking for a good heavy rod that looks like a normal rod but with a stiff back on it. I may be picky but i used those thick ones before and i cant stand it. Does anyone have any help on ice fishing rods for me?

Offline monsterwalleyefishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ROD HELP?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2009, 05:51 PM »
depends how much money you want to spend. if you want it to be the way you want it get a custom rod. i get mine from stutzman hells canyon custom rods http://www.hellscanyoncustomrods.com/rods/index.html  . tell him aron skolnick told you about them.

Offline gaustin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2009, 05:54 PM »
PM sent  :)
Gregg Austin

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2009, 03:04 AM »
I have a 38 inch JM ice specail spinning rod that's about equal to a medium power walley rod.  It's meant to absorb the shock of a quick fish run close to the hole.  It's no longer made.  Frabill has a couple of 38 inch spinning rods that aren't wooden sticks and they're nearly the same feel as my JM 38 inch rod.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2009, 07:02 AM »
I just ordered a Jason Mitchell Mackinaw rod, they look pretty good, i bought it in casting, but heard a spinning version is soon to follow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.