New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Map Chip(s)  (Read 869 times)

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
Lake Map Chip(s)
« on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Looking for information and help about lake map chips......I have a Garmin 60csx that has a mini SD card just for extra space. Do they make mini cards that would have Oneida Lake on it? Where do I get one and how much? Is there a way to download a map of Oneida into my GPS? I found a guy that is selling the Navionics Hot Maps Premium chip but it is a regular SD card and it wont fit into my GPS, can I buy a blank mini and somehow transfer the data?    Ultimately all I want to do is have Oneida Lake on my GPS, please help ???

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Map Chip(s)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:53 PM »
Pooch, we talked a little about the chips the other day.  Mine is the garmin inland lakes on a mini or micro sd as well but had the adapter with it when I got it.  If you can get the navionics i would go with that, not sure of any others but maybe you could contact the seller and see if you could get it already on a mini.  I was able to put the mini in the adapter and copy it to my desktop on the computer and transferred no problem.

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2013, 03:37 AM »
Get a smartphone, and download navionics app for $10.36. You get every lake in U.S.

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2013, 04:55 AM »
Get a smartphone, and download navionics app for $10.36. You get every lake in U.S.

www.thepiratebay.se might have a torrent for it. My buddy pirated the inland maps for his garmin and it works like a champ.

But smartphone and navionics app is the best way to go, I figure because A. It's cheaper and B. I'm always bringing my phone anyways.

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2013, 10:46 PM »
How defined are these apps for the smartphone? How do they compare to the navionics chips?

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2013, 06:37 AM »
I saw the hot maps on a iphone yesterday and the detail on Oneida lake was ridiculous, combine with the GPS on the phone you don't need a 1000 dollar fishfinder anymore. It is just unreal, I need a smartphone now just for fishing.

cny

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2013, 08:15 PM »
My friends smartphone had navionics app its great.  Larger lakes have greater detail 1 ft contours.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.