Author Topic: planning a lk Gogebic trip ?  (Read 19949 times)

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: planning a lk Gogebic trip ?
« Reply #120 on: Mar 24, 2009, 02:28 PM »
yeah i was down there  ;D i was south of 8 mile bay

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #121 on: Mar 26, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Where is 8 mile bay in relation to Porcupine Point? I don't see it on my map of the lake.
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #122 on: Mar 26, 2009, 07:13 PM »
it is south about 2-3miles of porky point

Offline walleyeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #123 on: Mar 29, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Hey Millertime,

We need to see a picture of the perch you caught the first trip out.  A 15" perch with a 14" girth would be well over 2.5 lbs.  Sounds like you got a real monster there.  Wonder why Gus only thought it was 1.75 lbs?  Wierd.  Post it up so we can see that hog.

Offline upperchpounder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Mar 30, 2009, 08:40 AM »
Wow, I'd like to see that fish too!!!  I'd have to agree w/walleyeguy about the length/girth measurements... Seems to me you have a 2.5 lb. class perch there as well.

Offline UPhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #125 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:01 AM »
upperchpounder,

How did you guys do this weekend, saw you at the Gogebic Lodge but didn't get to say hello, you were leaving as we were getting there.  I got about a dozen, but took most of the day to get on any fish.  Caught most of our fish from 3:30 - 5:00 thus us being late.

Millertime, it was good to meet you Saturday.

[img]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/MattGski/teamU.gif[img]

Offline upperchpounder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:09 AM »
Hey UP,

I did really well on Friday but Saturday was quite the opposite.  My "plan" was to find a spot that I figured I'd have to myself on Saturday...that did not work out as planned though.  Friday I got around 25 w/nothing huge.  Saturday I managed only 7 perch.  Strange the way LG slaps you in the face when you least expect it!! 

Offline UPhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:34 AM »
I agree, I had a terrible day on Thursday only got 3 fish all day, tried some new areas and marked a lot of fish but very few takers.  Friday went back to my "go to" spot for the afternoon and got 5.  Saturday morning went back again and I only picked up one, no one was marking anything so we decided to move.  We ended up moving 3 more times staying away from the big crowds before we started picking up fish.  My brother got one that was 1lb 12.5oz that was the biggest.  Now that the tourney is over fishing pressure should be pretty light.  Are you guys going out any more or are you done for the season?  I hope to get out a few more times.
[img]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/MattGski/teamU.gif[img]

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:48 AM »
hey UP yeah it was good to finally meet you .I also hope to get out there again maybee on sunday. And i think next year iam going to plan on staying down there for a few days during the Hog A Thon,and i think i already have my spot picked out where im going to plan on fishing the rest of the season  ;D good luck guys and keep me posted on the conditions
                 and BE SAFE

Offline fishhooked

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Apr 02, 2009, 09:53 PM »
Hey guys!  Anyone been on the lake in the last couple days?  Wondering how the shoreline and ice conditions are.  Planning to give it a try on Saturday...probably in the neighborhood where Millertime & I were at a couple weekends ago.  Was out of town all last week and didn't get back 'till late Saturday, so missed the Hog-a-Thon...but I'll get over it.
Millertime - how did you do out there?  Did you fish in the same area?  Let me know if you're coming down this weekend and we can meet up again if you want.
Shut off their video games/TV and take 'em fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.