Author Topic: Little Lake, Gwinn  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
Little Lake, Gwinn
« on: Jan 17, 2013, 10:58 PM »
I have heard on multiple occasions that Little Lake can produce some nice Perch and the occasional walleye out there.

I hear that 90% if the fishing is done on the deep side, and the launch is on the shallow side.. Here's my dilemma...

I have no ice transportation, or even a jet sled... So I will be hoofing it, and carrying all of my gear.  I was wondering if anyone could recommend a certain depth or area within the deep side of the bay that might be holding some fish? Or is it more of a "just drill holes, they're everywhere!" Kind of lake?

I plan on making it a whole day trip, just to try and justify the walk.

Just one eye through the ice would make the trip worth it!

Any help would be more than appreciated!

Offline ER1993

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Little Lake, Gwinn
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:22 PM »
I have heard on multiple occasions that Little Lake can produce some nice Perch and the occasional walleye out there.

I hear that 90% if the fishing is done on the deep side, and the launch is on the shallow side.. Here's my dilemma...

I have no ice transportation, or even a jet sled... So I will be hoofing it, and carrying all of my gear.  I was wondering if anyone could recommend a certain depth or area within the deep side of the bay that might be holding some fish? Or is it more of a "just drill holes, they're everywhere!" Kind of lake?

I plan on making it a whole day trip, just to try and justify the walk.

Just one eye through the ice would make the trip worth it!

Any help would be more than appreciated!

No Jet sled?  If you need one I will give you a old one of mine...

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2013, 07:52 AM »
No Jet sled?  If you need one I will give you a old one of mine...
I've never owned one... The lakes I fished down state never required a super long walk like some of them up here...

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2013, 11:45 AM »
Gotta have a sled! LoL.  Way to much stuff to carry by hand

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2013, 11:49 AM »
Gotta have a sled! LoL.  Way to much stuff to carry by hand

Tell me about it!

So, you ever fish Little?

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:24 PM »
Attempted to lastnight.....dead battery at the launch on the 4 wheeler and the lame thing has electric shift so i had to settle for east bass.   My partner caught a 20" walleye and a 12" perch also a hammer handle ...i got one flag with nothing .  Only fished the last hour or two of light

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Attempted to lastnight.....dead battery at the launch on the 4 wheeler and the lame thing has electric shift so i had to settle for east bass.   My partner caught a 20" walleye and a 12" perch also a hammer handle ...i got one flag with nothing .  Only fished the last hour or two of light

You could always go out tomorrow and give me a lift... Haha

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:39 PM »
I would....but gotta play in a rock n roll band tomorrow night.  So id have to leave at prime time!  Any other time though

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:52 PM »
I would....but gotta play in a rock n roll band tomorrow night.  So id have to leave at prime time!  Any other time though

No big deal, I could use a bit of exercise..

Original question stands though... Anybody have info on little lake! Lol the thread got a little off topic...

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2013, 04:59 PM »
I hear theres lots of humps and even a sunken island in there.....just gotta find the structure!

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Would you fish the humps and holes over points and break lines?

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Ill pm u some info i got

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2013, 04:14 AM »
First thing you need is that free sled. Then a 5 gallon bucket. How are you drilling holes?  I have a older humminbird off my boat in the garage I will give you. It will show you depth atleast and structure too. There, A sled a bucket and a fishfinder, That will get you started. Pm me your address and I will send it to ya, If you are in Mqt by chance I may be able to get it to you. Anybody else got some extra's to get a fella started???  Steve

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2013, 04:19 AM »
First thing you need is that free sled. Then a 5 gallon bucket. How are you drilling holes?  I have a older humminbird off my boat in the garage I will give you. It will show you depth atleast and structure too. There, A sled a bucket and a fishfinder, That will get you started. Pm me your address and I will send it to ya, If you are in Mqt by chance I may be able to get it to you. Anybody else got some extra's to get a fella started???  Steve

I have a bucket and a flasher, it's just a sled that I don't own. I own a 6" hand auger.

I've always just carried my gear to my spots on my shoulders.

Offline PerchPopper50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2013, 11:01 PM »
There is only one hump i would deem significant and it is hit or miss in my opinion, but I have seen fellas sit on it all day. Find breaks deep, but not super deep. A flasher is good but the perch can be particular about their depth in the lake. My navionics chip is my go to bit of gear on that lake and then my aqua-vu. There are also some fish cribs that hold fish in early and late winter.
Lift,pause, hold....jiggle jiggle jiggle

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:29 PM »
The best place to go is the deep side, hands down, once you get around the islands and head through the narrow to the deep side, I've caught some nice perch and a walleye right in between the two points going to the deep side.  Good Luck!  I'm hittin' big shag in the morning.
Frozen Snot....It's a fashion statement!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.