Author Topic: kates Bay 2-9-12  (Read 1815 times)

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
kates Bay 2-9-12
« on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Me and a buddy made our first trip to BBDN today....fished 20 fow caught well over 50 perch and took home 28 keepers between the two of us. It didn't matter what was in the water....when they came in they hammered whatever was down there. thanks Ranger from Garden Sport shop for filling us in!

Also figured id share a experience that happened to us while we were there....... Mid afternoon a little pickup truck out of nowhere drove up to us and a very intoxicated woman comes up to our window and asks us how we are doing and who's all in our. shack and where are we from etc. So we talk to her and tell her who we are and where were from etc. She goes back to the truck and a guy jumps out of the drivers side and walks up to the window of the shack and starts asking us where ya from? Nobody else down here with ya? You guys never been here? Blah blah. Next he asks where's the door to the shack..how do I get in there? I blew it off....he asked me again where's the door? How do I come in there? Can I come in? I look at the guy and say you ain't coming in here we don't even know ya! LoL. He actually asked us 3 times how to get in my shack! After I told him no way he continued a little small talk and said good luck and walked back to his truck and got in and started talking to the gal in the truck. They spent a couple minutes hesitating if there going or what...he puts the truck in gear and goes about 20 feet and stops again for another minute or so and finally took off. I didn't mention that this guy was on some serious drugs..looked to me like a crackhead or meth head! And also the whole time he was talking to us he had his hands in his front hoodie pocket. There's not a doubt in my mind this guy was up to no good and was gonna try to Rob us or something. He scared the crap out of us! There's not a doubt in my mind I could of beat this guys ass in a fist fight but wasn't about to try anything not knowing if he had a gun or what? Pretty sure his truck was a dark colored old ford ranger.....figured id share this story and give a heads up to everyone about this dirt ball! Like I said...there's not a doubt in my mind he was up to no good! I think if I would of let him in my shack it wouldn't of been good

Offline Yooper350

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: kates Bay 2-9-12
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Glad nothing happened.  I ran into a guy making meth by Koski's corner way back in the woods doing a site assessment several years ago and it was pretty intense.

How big did the perch run?

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:26 PM »
wow thats intense! good thing you weren't by yourself. sounds like a reason for a CCW  imo

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:53 PM »
Some very nice keepers...8-14 inchers!    I never thought about carrying a concealed weapon.....sure seems like a great idea now!

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2012, 06:56 AM »
Garden Peninsula. 
Chris Raymond

Offline UPHAWKEYE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:26 AM »
Wow, pretty scary stuff.  First the guy runnin Parker down and now this.  I think Ill pass on BBDN.

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2012, 08:44 AM »
That is messed up. A guy can't even go ice fishing and be left alone. What a bunch of D-BAGS. Glad nothing happened.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Garden Peninsula.

That right there pretty much says it all, eh!

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2012, 05:17 PM »
That right there pretty much says it all, eh!
that sums it up from what I been hearing!

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2012, 10:15 PM »
I'm headed to BBDN on Sunday for perch in the morning and burbot and whities in the afternoon, hopefully I wont see this d-bag. I doubt he'd be out where We're going though.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2012, 03:04 PM »
Well that right there is exactly why I am a law abiding CPL packing ice fisherman, you just never know what will happen - when or where. My wife also packs, and it makes me feel better when she is armed and ready to protect herself. I would do everything in my power to avoid a confrontation and you did a great job being on your toes out there, you absolutely avoided a big problem.
Every one has heard the stories about Garden, but I have found the people there to be warm and friendly and many will go out of their way to help you - but there is always a couple bad apples anywhere you go. Unfortunately as we have seen from this site - the ice fisherman attacked by a snowmobiler and you avoided a very dangerous situation too. It's good to know and I very much appreciate you sharing your story here so we can all be on the lookout and more prepared for possible encounters while ice fishing there.
I am glad to hear that they drove away without incident. Creepy though,
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline tomjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:30 PM »
Arn stiring up the Garden stuff again................. ..................
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Tomjohn being a pecker head again!!

Offline tomjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2012, 06:41 PM »
Again? When was the first time?
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline DB Cooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Oh.Boy! No u didn't! C'mon guys. Are we not talking about fishing!

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:37 PM »
Again? When was the first time?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.