Author Topic: greenwood reservoir  (Read 11492 times)

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Is it a keeepeerrr???"
Re: greenwood reservoir
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:56 AM »
fished gw tuesday, pretty slow. got to our crappy spot and started marking fish right off the git, moved about 40 yards away and the flasher was not marking much then about 30 min later the bottom 3ft was solid red, fish marking everywhere, plenty of big marks, no bites theyd check it out then go back down, never seen the bottom like this on greenwood must of been a hatch going on??? anyone els been out there lately? anyone hear about the monster eye caught out of there about a week or 2 ago???

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2010, 02:56 PM »
didnt hear anything about a monster eye.....how big was it?

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:33 PM »
36" no BS, I herd it from my buddy that talked to a cop and said when he drove by the lake he stopped at the culvert and talked to some fells that were having a lil tip up party out there, they caught it, and a few weeks ago i herd about a 5 to 6lb eye was taken out of there

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:58 PM »
36 inches     never even heard of one that long...... new world record!    must be a myth...  id have to see it to believe it

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:26 PM »
DNR checked us saturday and said that it was 34.5". I called him a liar, but i guess he was telling the truth.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:46 PM »
that would be awesome......one lucky guy to catch a fish that big in a inland body of water

Offline UPdrafter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:52 PM »
went out there on Sunday night from 7-11.  didn't catch a thing.  weather too nasty to relocate (horizontal rain most of the night).  had good ice, prolly 10-12" in all 6 holes. 

had 4 tip-ups and 2 poles going all night.  used sucker pr shiner minnows on the tip-ups, at depths from 6-20 feet or so.  changed baits, lures and depths on the poles every 20 minutes or so.  not even a hit.

talked with 2 sets of fishermen who were leaving when we arrived.  one was skunked, the other had been out from 2-6 and caught one 8" walleye.  

fished the west side of the north channel off the island north of the launch.  trying to remember the "hot spot" from the Sportsman's Connection Eastern Upper Peninsula Fishing Map Guide.  got home and realized that I should've been a little more north or on the east side of the island.  

we walk our gear out so are somewhat limited, but any alternate location suggestions would be very welcome.  
UPdrafter
Fragmaster, Philosopher, Vagabond, Stoopaholic
Say ya to da UP, eh?

Samuel Goldwyn  - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Any word on the big walleye that was caught out there? I'd love to see a pic of that thing :tipup:

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Fished G-wood today from 12-7pm, 4 flags with no fish, caught one nice crappie, marked fish all day on the Vexilar it seemed liked, but couldn't get anything to bite! I tried everything I had and nothing, guess they just weren't hungry. Fished just south east of Humenne island in the 30ft channel! Wish I had a sled to get to the back!

Offline flag..up!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 14, 2010, 01:26 PM »
anyone know if theres any good fishing in the back. first year im trying this lake. not so much hope for it.

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:11 PM »
Me and my buddy are gonna be fishn the back half tomorrow afternoon for some crapps, I'll let ya know da word when we get back

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 15, 2010, 05:11 PM »
fishn was slow, 1 crappy missed two others

Offline flag..up!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 19, 2010, 09:12 PM »
fishn was slow, 1 crappy missed two others
thanks

Offline BEAVERTAIL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Mar 03, 2010, 05:10 AM »
Anybody been out on Greenwood or Switzers lately? How are the ice conditions? Any luck?

Offline jflo18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 04, 2010, 06:20 PM »
Went out there Tuesday, drove all around the back but couldn't find a decent spot to fish. Drove back to the left of the first island in about 30 fow, caught some real nice crappie and some decent perch

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 04, 2010, 08:43 PM »
i fished schwitzers today and the bite was real slow. i was fishing out from the boat launch. had talked to a few people and they said the same.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Mar 05, 2010, 08:31 AM »
did you have a flasher?    i was there a couple weeks ago and caught alot of fish 4-6 ft off the bottom    i had a deadstick about a foot off the bottom and needless to say i caught 1 fish on that rod....... me and my buddy pulled up lots of fish jigging with a flasher.    if i didnt have a flasher i would of caught 1 fish all day  instead of 20.     never know when them crappies are gonna be suspendid!

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2010, 09:44 AM »
yes i had a flasher

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Mar 05, 2010, 10:00 PM »
yes i had a flasher
was it a veckilar?

Offline BEAVERTAIL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Mar 06, 2010, 05:04 AM »
Thanks for the report guys.  I was begining to think that everyone gave up.

Offline flag..up!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Mar 08, 2010, 04:46 PM »
where is there good crappie fishing? i have drilled all over that lake and cant find them.

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Mar 10, 2010, 12:35 PM »
You and me both flag up, i thought i figured them crappys out last winter but they been giving me the slip all winter so far, whenever i find them i only get 2 or 3 at a time, nothing like it was out there last winter for me, i think im gonna be out there this weekend as long as its not raining... anyone know how the ice is out there, prolly lots of slush...   

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Mar 15, 2010, 07:21 AM »
Fished greenwood yesterday and the ice was still looking pretty good. There was 12-14" of good ice, depending where you drilled. Saw quite a few sleds and quads still driving around. There was some slush but no more than 2-3", mostly water. The fishing was decent and we ended up with 17 crappies between 10-12". Might try to get back out there again this weekend, depending on the ice conditions.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Mar 15, 2010, 07:32 AM »
On a side note.....anyone been pulling walleyes out of there recently? We fished tip ups all day without a single flag. Usually greenwood is good for at least one eye ??? they're probably all over the place right now considering this early thaw

Offline flag up.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:26 PM »
yeah we caught 3 eyes there. all legal.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Mar 20, 2010, 09:49 AM »
anyone fish out there the last few days? I might head out there tomorrow morning and give it one last try but I havn't heard anything about the ice.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Mar 21, 2010, 12:53 PM »
I fished there this morning and things were slow. Managed a few fish but drilled a lot of holes. The ice is holding up but there were some soft spots, saw at least one quad out there.  I wish I had my cleats today, it was super slick out there.

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 09, 2010, 04:06 PM »
anyone know what the ice is like on the wood? i havent drove by it lately and im thinking about heading there this weekend.

Offline U.P.Nate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:46 PM »
ya I was thinking about mking it out that way to, somebodys got to have been out there and spudded around.
"jiggen my pole in your daughters hole"
"Huddled over the Coleman like its the baby Jesus in the manger"

Offline bigkerrdogg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:32 AM »
I went out there yesterday afternoon before the big snow.  There were 2 others out there plus myself.  All stayed close to the launch peninsula.  The snow covered spots had slush and 3" of clear black ice under.  The clear spots had more like 5 or 6" of good ice.  Definitely safe.  I fished in 20-30 fow with tip ups and jigging and didn't produce.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.