Author Topic: Anchoring a Pak Shack 3  (Read 667 times)

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Anchoring a Pak Shack 3
« on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:28 AM »
My truck is broken down, so I'm stuck driving my little Hyundai Accent gas miser.  ::) Therefore, hauling my shanty isn't an option. I went and bought a Pak Shack 3 so that my fiance and I can go out and get out of the wind (it doesn't bother me so much, but its more enjoyable for her.). My question is this. Does anyone have a way to anchor it? I was going to buy a hub style shelter but didn't see the point in spending that kind of money if I'm going to get my truck back. I know people say these things are unsteady in the wind. Haven't had it out yet but I'm looking for some feedback. Ideally, it would work with my Jet Sled, but I don't see that happening....

-Zach

Offline tiptop

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anchoring a Pak Shack 3
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2010, 08:32 AM »
My truck is broken down, so I'm stuck driving my little Hyundai Accent gas miser.  ::) Therefore, hauling my shanty isn't an option. I went and bought a Pak Shack 3 so that my fiance and I can go out and get out of the wind (it doesn't bother me so much, but its more enjoyable for her.). My question is this. Does anyone have a way to anchor it? I was going to buy a hub style shelter but didn't see the point in spending that kind of money if I'm going to get my truck back. I know people say these things are unsteady in the wind. Haven't had it out yet but I'm looking for some feedback. Ideally, it would work with my Jet Sled, but I don't see that happening....

-Zach
I owned the same style but took it back because you could not anchor it to the ice the smallest amount of wind just would blow it over.i bought a frabil fronteir this year.I took it out twice in winds with up 20 miles per hour with no problems.It has 8 anchors easy to use and a good price.It is easy to carry and store good luck fishing.

Offline therealjt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh i wish i was a fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2010, 06:54 PM »
there is holes in the feet of the chair and the little flap on the flipover we put a bucket of snow on that and it helped

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2010, 07:00 PM »
put grommets in the skirt. then screw ice anchors in them all the way to the handle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.