IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Another awful winter for ice

(1/7) > >>

straightShot:
It's been another awful winter in my area for ice.  I put my one-man flipover away yesterday after getting out once this year.  If I had time, I could have gone fishing three days in a row, but I had other commitments.  Last year, I didn't even get out once.

I still have things that I bought last year for ice fishing that haven't been used.  This year, I was a little better.   I only bought a new ice transducer and spent about another $150 worth of lures and clothing and stuff.  I also repaired my shanty a bit and added grommeted straps if I ever want to anchor the shanty in high winds on glare ice so that it doesn't budge.

Maybe next year.  One can only hope.

ifish4fishwithteeth:
I feel your pain!

HWeber:
Beautiful here for those willing to walk. Rough for the guys with ice castles tho

zcm_82:
It was another short one here, too. Went from open water to ice back to open water in less than 2 weeks. There was walkable ice locally for 10 days; got out 8 of them.

fish/hunt4ever:
Been that way around the state here but in my neck of the woods still have at least 12 inches of ice and still able to get out with a cool down to extend the season. But it looks like it might only last until March and then get the boat out again. Hate to see it go at times, last year was a wonderful year for ice as we had it till the middle of April almost may which has been a long time since that happened. But only time will tell how long it lasts here this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version