IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Home made bay runner

(1/2) > >>

Walleyeking2014:
I was wondering if anyone has made a homemade bay runner style ice house. I was thinking of making One and any tips or pictures would be appreciated my main questions would be how to go about cutting the floor on a sled, how to do the windows and how to do the door the frame would be pretty easy i would think but who knows.

ADK11:
It would be pretty tough doing a fabric shanty, but would be one hell of a project. Giving the post a bump to see if anyone has ideas...would be pretty interesting if you did it right!

rgfixit:
Be even better if someone was to design a kit for a couple of different manufactures of sled.

Rg

steelheader32:
Bumping this post to see if anyone has attempts this over the off season. Would be nice to have a 2 person version to pull behind a machine

BuschaLatte:
I'm just going to bump this, as I'm going to pickup a bayrunner this weekend used.

Plan on reverse engineering it to make a diy-able thing. 

Quick thoughts.  Fabric will be the hardest part - I think I may call a custom canvas place about this.  There's a few on the web that do insulated ones.

Plan to have deployable feet/smitty - that way the holes aren't so much in danger of getting messed up on a regular sled.

Thinking i'll base it around the Jet Sled Magnum - so 71x44 - which would give more space.  However they sell their mini Magnum which is the same size of the BR2 i believe - 60x44.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version