Utah > Ice Fishing Utah

Phone Apps for lake contours

(1/3) > >>

dubob:
I have been using the Navionics phone app for all my ice fishing adventures and have been very successful with it when searching for contours likely to hold perch. The cost in 2020 & 2021 was $16. In 2023, it was $22. Navionics increased the cost to $54 to renew this year. Ain’t happnin’ for 6 to 8 weeks of use. What other apps cover most of the Utah reservoir contours and don’t cost over $20 – if any?

SLAYERFISH:
I use the Lowrance App on my iPhone.  $14/ year.  it uses the C-map social map info.  works great in CO.

dubob:
Never heard of Lowrance phone apps and apparently there are two of them.  One works with phones; the other doesn't according to a Lowrance agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.  She wouldn't/couldn't connect me to a technician that actually knows how their apps work.  Love my Elite Ti7; hate Lowrance tech support.  Do you have the C-MAP app?  Is it a stand alone app that doesn't need connection to any other device?  Does it show lake contour lines for most of the lakes you fish?

glenwyo:
I've had Navionics on my phone for quite a few years and don't think I ever paid anything after my initial payment. It always mentions about updating and I never do and I can still use it.

SLAYERFISH:
it's the Lowrance Navico app. The cheaper app.  there's a more expensive app also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version