Author Topic: How did you learn about Iceshanty?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: How did you learn about Iceshanty?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2022, 01:09 PM »
I googled Ohio ice fishing sites and found this also. So here I am!!!  :tipup: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2022, 03:56 PM »
Was searching for reviews on a flip-over house and ended up reading the Ice Shanty reviews, as they are usually the first set to pop up in Google.  Ended up spending quite a bit of time on the page and decided to join right away. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline btwildfood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2022, 02:54 PM »
I google a lot. Many ice fishing related searches came up with iceshanty forums, and those were usually where I found my answers...or more questions. Finally joined today!

Offline nICE!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2022, 11:00 PM »
I just signed up to Ice Shanty a few days ago and found it by internet searching for "ice fishing forums". I've never even been ice fishing before, although I have been fishing my entire life. Today, I bought a sled, a hand auger, two rods (one ultralight and one medium), a spud bar, an ice scoop and a grip of jigs etc. I made sure to support a couple of the sponsors on the forum (Custom Jigs & Spins and Tackle Shack). I would have taken advantage of the Pure Fishing discount, but you guys bought up all the good stuff  ;)

Hopefully I'll be out on hardwater by next weekend and I'm beyond stoked!! If anyone in the CDA area wants to buddy up, I could definitely use the camaraderie.

Offline Kilsdonk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Drill It Till It Squirts
« Reply #34 on: Dec 14, 2022, 01:00 PM »
Love to hear it! Good Luck out there nICE, let us know how you do!
“Anyone can be a fisherman in May.”
― Ernest Hemingway
"Im surrounded by Ice holes"
:icefish:

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2022, 03:06 PM »
Joined in 2014, avid lurker for about a year before that. Was looking for ice fishing info and this site came up on a google search.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2022, 03:34 PM »
I joined in 2007. The other Paramedic I was working with told me about the site. I then went online and have been on this great site ever since. I think I joined my fish finder about the same time.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline nICE!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 14, 2022, 08:43 PM »
Love to hear it! Good Luck out there nICE, let us know how you do!

Will do!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.