Author Topic: Adding lights to Polaris Ranger?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline mnhunter2

• IceShanty Rookie
Adding lights to Polaris Ranger?
« on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:35 AM »
Looking for ideas about adding lights to my Polaris  ranger but am wondering if the light bars that attach to the cab will get torn off in the woods?

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Adding lights to Polaris Ranger?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2021, 12:52 PM »
Mounted mine on the hood, has worked great so far.

Offline T-Hawker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2021, 09:28 PM »
I have a 2019 Ranger xp1000 Crew.

Bought a 10" light bar and mounted it to front bumper.  Makes a significant improvement over stock head lights.  I guess in a desert running 70mph at night a 50" light bar may be needed but even if I'm going down a road at 50mph at night, the 10" light bar does fine.  Other than looks, I never understood giant lightbars on utility machines.

Also bought (4) 18W cube lights.  Wired one for a dome light (actually works quite well).  Wired one on each rear corner of the cab to light the box.  Wired the last one above the hitch, under the box.  Very happy with the set-up.  I have three switches; front light bar, dome light and all 3 rear facing lights.  I use my machine for ice fishing a lot and love the lights.  All Amazon cheapies but have worked very well.

Seasoned deer hunter, greenhorn fisherdude.

Offline dbuchmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin' I was fishin'!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2022, 01:25 PM »
I've got a 40" Lightbar mounted on my roof plus a 12" on the rear roof over looking the box, and 2 of the pods under the dump box.  I use them all the time plowing snow, collecting maple sap, or on the ice in the dark.  Way more useful than the standard headlights. Can set up everything in the dark with the Ranger running and lights on. No fumbling around in the dark or with headlamps. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.