Author Topic: A quick thought on rail style tip up transport  (Read 2844 times)

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
A quick thought on rail style tip up transport
« on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:44 AM »
How do you guys pack your rail tip ups. I use a 26" plastic tool box i found a plano tool box that will hold 6 rail style tip ups although you have to be careful how they are arranged, the tray on top for line and lights and 2 small utility boxes for hooks, sinkers, bobber stops/line markers and some AAA and coin cell batteries. Just a thought seeing how other do this.

http://www.planomolding.com/26-inch-tool-utility-box

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
Re: A quick thought on rail style tip up transport
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2017, 03:38 PM »
Never thought about  tool box for that purpose but it makes sense to me. Most of us guys probably have one or two that would fit our traps collecting dust in the garage. I know I do. or hit a yard sale and pick one up.  :tipup:
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2017, 05:53 PM »
I use a wader bag with mesh ventilation.  No need to remove iced up T/Us from the bag when I get home.  The ice melts and the ventilation allows the moisture to evaporate.
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:35 AM »
I use a cheap tube style tip up bag.  Only holds two but that is usually all I use.  One end zips open and it holds its tube shape due to a rigid liner.  Works great and I think I paid $12 for it at Fleet Farm.  HT brand if I'm not mistaken. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2017, 03:58 PM »
youth baseball bat bag

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:39 PM »
5 gallon bucket.

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2017, 11:18 AM »
 I  used a 5 gal bucket, with 4,  2 litre
 pop bottles, w/ the tops cut off, keeps all the tip up line, and hooks from tangling

Offline nws6373

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Don't have a picture, but I saw this on another site and copied it. Started with a milk crate, then bought plastic raingutter downspout from the Big Box store. Cut the down spout to length wanted and set in the milk crate. I have 8 in the crate with enough room in the middle for my Plano tackle box.

Offline quickshake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2017, 09:58 AM »
I currently have a home made sled 1'wide, 28" long and 20" high box with holder rack  for a 5 gallon pail at the tail for fish or bait bucket. top is hinged and padded to sit on and the box hold 16 rail style tip ups 2  24"jigging rods and a clean out spoon in it and has a *' wide 3 compartment shelf built on the one end 3" deep to store hooks, line, splitshot jigging spoons ect. I bought it for $60 with all the equipment and a hand auger of a widow on CL.  A friend of mine  took 4" sewer and drain pipe the length of the tip ups, gorilla taped  and glued them together, 2 high, 5 wide, solid aluminum flashing on one end and 2 bungees over the other end  covering the center of each row of 5  and put a carrying handle on top to carry all 10 to once, thought that was a great idea.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.