Author Topic: Well........ since Mother Nature is being difficult  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
Well........ since Mother Nature is being difficult
« on: Dec 19, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Decided to pull the boat out to try some soft water fishing on Saturday.

364 days ago on Saturday we were sitting in the shack on the Miss pounding walleye.  We figured it was only fair that we try the same thing but in a boat.

This body of water has been very kind to me this year, lots of eyes, sm bass and my personal best 9.3 pound northern.

We trolled to "the spot" with no success, but when we got there I was amazed at the fish finder, it was full.  I have never seen such a large area so full of fish.  Everywhere we drifted seemed to light up the screen.  At one point I swore it must have been in demo mode.  Any way, all fish (presume walleye since that what I caught there all spring/summer/fall were 8-12 feet off bottom, depth was between 15-35 feet.

We threw everything we had at them and only got 3 failed hookups.  No fish boated.  We kinda though this would happen since previous patterns had proven that these walleye only eat live minnows, but we never imagined marking soo many fish.

Ahh well, still pretty cool to be on the water on Dec 16 with no ice in sight.

Couple pics:

Hope to get out once more this Saturday........ with 3-4 dozen minnows.

Drew.

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
Re: Well........ since Mother Nature is being difficult
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2006, 03:57 PM »
looks like it was a nice day for ya to bad no fish but bein out on the water hard or soft must be nice

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline WFGlenn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hi, I look fat in this picture.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I came very close to pulling out my boat as well - if this weather continues I may just put an outboard on my shack and have the best of both worlds.

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:36 PM »
I  wouldn't trust that fish finder, I have the same one and I think they lie!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2006, 09:32 PM »
I  wouldn't trust that fish finder, I have the same one and I think they lie!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Are you serious? I have been using Humminbird products all my life with no problems :)  :P

Sluggo,

Nice to see ya made it out..I have not had a rod in my hands in over a month  :blink: Thanks for the pics :)
Andrew

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2006, 12:44 PM »
It sure was different.

My goal now is to fish Saturday 3*C and Sunday, Christmas Eve 2*C.  I usually have the boat away in October before moose hunting, so I can safely say I have never fished out of a boat so late in the year.

Gotta pick up some minniows for this weekend.

As for the Humminbird............ Never had any issues with it.

Drew.

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline bounty_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2006, 08:56 PM »
drew i hit up under the hwy 7 bridge today with my rubber dingy, got a 4 pound eye pretty amazed  got a bunch of perch as-well !!!pretty good day.

still prayin for ice though  :(

Bring On The Ice!!

Offline shaun_300

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Yeah it sure isn't co-operating for the ice, that's for sure. Lots of ice on the roads right now thanks to the freezing rain, but it's not where we want it! ;D

I'm getting the boat out too over the holidays if it doesn't get cold. Go out to the ice fishing spots and see if I can catch some pike and whitefish. ;)

Offline shepoutside

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Canuck - eh !
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2006, 11:30 PM »

I have one, and love it :)
Kevin  ><((((º< <º))))><

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.