Author Topic: Orillia kids fishing derby report  (Read 793 times)

Offline Island Jay

• IceShanty Rookie
Orillia kids fishing derby report
« on: Feb 13, 2006, 07:03 PM »
Well that is definitely something I will do again and again for the years to come.
Although there were no fish caught this year it was a great success and a great learning experience.
A huge thanks to auger and his family for all their help :D

Misfish, those sticks worked great but I had an overflow of kids so I think I better put an order in now for next year ;)

Also a great thanks to Yankee for his American support and generous donation. Maybe next year you could come up and get on the ice  :o

Thanks also to the surprise visit from Get hooked from F.O.and also for the great gifts for the kids

Last but not least thanks Walleyedreamer for the help and it was good to see you bring the family up to get in on some of the carnival action :D

Oh yeah and thanks to Icepick for all the help and for keeping good conversations up with the single moms out there
 :o ;D ;D ;D

I would also like to thank the  local sponsors that kicked in a bunch of advertising, prizes, money and drinks for the kids. With all the support I received on this I predict a much better one next year.
Thanks to

M & C DRYWALL

REAL QUEST REALTY

TROMBLEY TACKLE BOX

RAZMATAZ COFFEE BISTRO

Heres the sign I had made up

Heres first place prize package

Heres what the second place prizes where

And heres third place prizes

Heres the first derby starting off

This guy is planing strategies for next year

Giving away some of the loot

AFTER ALL THE WORK WAS DONE i TOOK MY 2 OLDEST AND HAD SOME FUN AT THE REST OF THE EVENTS

Heres the Ice castle slide with Josh and Kyle

Some of the rides they enjoyed

And a petting zoo to boot I think Josh is a little scared of ,,,,,,well anything really ,,,,,,except fish,,,go figure eh :)

trapperdirk

Re: Orillia kids fishing derby report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2006, 09:26 AM »
Nice report and pics IJ . Good on you lad to make such an effort and introduce kids to fishing  . That's what she's all about and our future . ;D If I can get away I'll be there next year to give you a hand too . ;D

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.