Author Topic: The day out with the Yankee Boyz!!!  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
The day out with the Yankee Boyz!!!
« on: Jan 22, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Ok Well this is just Before WOrk so i got to type fast...LOL

Well day started pretty much as i planned.. I got up at 6:30 Alarm went off all was fine... Kissed the wife goodbye...
THen i checked the weather station and seen it ws going to be a day the gods would grace me with some plus 9 weather ... Woot woot...
Anyhow got all geared up grabbed my stuff and No keys......
Ever get that feeling in your stomache when you think you have have locked your only Keys in the Car..?
ANyhow After looking thru the window i seen i didnt have them there... spent another 10 mins looking...
FInally the wife got up because she was tired of all the cursing.... ANd like a Homing Beacon going off she walked up to the FIre mantle and lifted the Newspapaer and under it was my keys..... (SHes the best)
ANyhow without much further complaining i was off to pick up My first passenger...
DJ B (His nick on here) Anyhow..... GOt tothere and Saw that we had a extra PErson TJ... ANother Friend of mine ... SO i TEll him to meet us at the SPot so I can be on time meeting everyone else.........
I pick up My Friend JAY who now has another Nick name..... BUt wont tell it just yet because i dont want to Ruin the Surprize... BUt anyhow as i pick him up i tell him we need to think of a Nick name for you Because if your going to be fishing you have to post on THe Ice shanty... HE said he wasnt good at picking names... Then i suggested to wait and see what Happens today so he can make one up ...
He decided that my idea was was the best route to go.........
ANyhow We left ther and Headed Over to D.C. Marines where we were supposed to meet up with the Yankkee boyz....
THe 3 of them were getting out of their Van just as i pulled up...Perfect Timing... SO with much plentries and FOrmal Hand shakes the boyz met Jay...
The BOyz consisted of
Utes Dave and Princess... (LOL Will be explained DOnt worry)
We got inside to Grab some gear... I showed them the Humpback Creepers to which they would buy and THen UTes saw a FLaot suit he thought would loook nice.. But the legs looked a little Long... ANyhow Penny suggested he Try it on (LIKe a smart Business lady that she was ) ANd before you knew it UTes was The proud owner of a surval FUll piece suit...    GOod investment i say.... THough i dont think he will be telling his wife about this little purchase for a little while lol.........

ANyhow My Pal DJ B ANd TJ showed up at this point to see what was taking us so long.. SO we all decided TO roll out to the meeting spot and Start this fishing day... We get there and THere was No jonser.. I knew he would show though...Plus the Yankee BOyz were taking a heck of a long time Trying to unload their whole house out of UTES Van...

ANyhow Just when they finally unlaod... Guess whos shows up ... JOnser lol... He Tells me his pal will be along soon.. SO i decided to get everyone ROlling as it was already 7:45... OR even a little bit later... ANyhow After Everyone Met Jonser and his dad..(who left after dropping him oiff We all roll onto the Ice...)
THe ice had at best about 3/4 of a inch of water on it... ANd i decided to grab all the gear the boyz i brought had into my Portable shed and start speed walking since i was the only one who knew where exactly we would start off..

Anyhow after about 14 mins of walking out ont he ice ALmost half way accorss the bay... maybe even was lol... I started TO Spud a hole with my trusty Nice and beautiful Zambooni SPud bar... MAn she was a bute... Eh Jay??? LOL anyhow Just when i was about done doing this 3 foot by 1.5 rectangle the boyz finally landed up at what i would call first camp/....

I SPudded out a few more holes and tried to keep up with their Gas powered auger but that thing sure is fast... I was a few seconds behind it...

Anyhow after about 20 mins of the PErch not exactly hitting like i would have liked it i decided to go scout...

The place we were at was Called the hump becasue of the Shallowness of it WHen before it its like 40 fow then it was about 17-22 feet? I forget whatt he boyz maked it at... ANyhow... I dont recall how long i was scouting for...

The guys would probaly tell ya i was as far from them as we were out at one point... I kept going a little deeper and deeper i think the last point i stoped  at was mids 36? SOmething round there ... hard to tell... Only had little PErch along the way... ANyhow after some time of not really gettting anything myself big while scouting i decided that it was not worth my time and best go and Chat witht he guys and make a day of it.

ANyhow i get back to the CAmpe where the boyz were busy chit chatting and i see Dave WIth a 1.5 pound sucker beside him.. I guess this  thing took his Minnow from the Bottom... I was like WOw thast pretty big...  Never seen anyone catch a Sucker on a minnow that big before (especially while ice fishing)  I asked Dave if he wouldnt mind me using it as Bait... He said go ahead... SO i put her on with a nice fat trebel hook and decided to try and catch a Monster Northernnn(THink big eh) ANyhow i asked the guys how the fishing was and All that and DEcided that We better have something to eat soon before we move camp...

They All decided that it was a good idea becasue we wernt exactly Killing them there....

SO anyhow i decided to get things underway and start to get my food out... THen i brought out the cooker over to dan and the yanks and decided to start cooking Food like a good mother Hen

They brought out some Hot dogs and Had some sauasages i brought out some Swedish meatballs and some smokers and cheeze hot dogs and some buns....

THat is when Jonsers FRiend MIKE decided to go and scout some of the other holes i HAd Spudded with my Lovely AMazing SPud bar... Oh how i love that thing.... I did COok him up FOod and even brought it over the few hundred Yards he ws away ...LOL nice Service eh?

ANyhow he ANd JAY (couhg cough) start looking and catching fish over there ...
ANyhow I bured a few dogs and sausages but made up for it with the manwich sause and swedish meatballs and Great  buns (i always have great buns FLEX FLEX)
ANyhow i fed the boyz nicly  we decided that it would be time to move the camp over to the next location where the guys were catching perch...
ANyhow SInce we were going to move Camp i decided that i would go move my car and make sure that the other vehicles wernt Chalked on the tires so as not to get a ticket.. Before i left  told TJ to GO Tell Jay or DJ B to SPud a new bigger hole when they  get there (TO the next spot)_.... Anyhow so after walking and talkign to a few guys and seeing they Were all catching  little dinkl perch i wasnt feeling to bad about the Area we were in becasue at least ours were bigger then thiers...(SIze does matter Guys) SO nayhow as i get back to the new camp i See a few gusy sitting around Jonsers Aqua-vu which i totally forgot he had....
THey said thers something big down there its stripped and it must be like 5 feet long and Weigh almost 50 pounds...
Im like no way ur lying..
ANyhow i happen to come look at the Aqua-Vu
Thast when i get the first GLimpse of What My spud Bar looks like impaled into the Bottom of LAke SImcoe....
# seconds LAter i realize...Hey thst my spud bar...Im Like DJ B ur such a arse whyd u loose my  SPud Bar..
He laughs and then points to Jay,............

Im like Jay...???
Hes like IM sorry...Bows his head and starts to tell me about how he lost it while all the rest of the guys are laughing... ANyhow... HE Now has a nick name Of spuds Or SPudsey? Then when he was trying to help me get the bar back... He did this Nice slip fall onto his back into the Water and ice... Looksed like it hurt but was sort of funny all at the SAme time... Poor Poor Spudsey!!!  lol...The Rest of the Day we kept bugging him about The spud bar
and how i missed it and loved it
and How id go scout more but i dont have my bar anymore...
I did manage to try and fish it out but to no avail...\:< ANyow about 3 0 mins of trying to fish it out i decided that it wasnt worth my time anymore.....
We decided  to just fish... ANd talk and chat share some stories...
I tired to go around from hut to hut and see what the guys were doing that worked...
Jonser had this Great Aqu-vu  postions  so that it was over top the perch so you could see lures hit the ground and the perch pick them up in their mouths....
Hre would tell me when to set the hook casue the perch would pick it up... He was like...
REAy READy READY .... NOW
and i would pull up and thers a perch it was way to funny...
 ANyhow i Did that in their hut for a bit
Sat in the my own hut for a tiny while
Talked to Jay (aka SPudsey) he felt bad about loosing the SPud bar...
TAlk to dan and PRicess who had his Heater on Much earlier in the day when i twas like 10 outside lol... Sorry man had to be said lol....
ANyhow i kept bouncing around to be scocial .. I didnt fish as much as i would have liked but i had a great time out then talking watching people catch fish.. seeing the VEXLIARS at work... DAVe with his SLOW hookset and had  fun out there regarldess of how wet my feet were or how Light my Portable hut Seemed without my spud bar...
i deffinitly will be picking up a aqu- view next year amd DEffinitly will go fishing  with all these great guys again...
Hopefully next time we will hit something with more size....

ANyhow guys sorry if  the story  ran on a bit but... hard to keep track of allt he stuff in there... lol
If anyone else who was ther has  anything to put in let me know and just drop it in here lol... TIght lines everyone and keep on fishin!!!!

ANd if anyone finds a 50 pound SPud bar out there....        Call me... But dont let Jay hold it first... Eh spudsey???

LOL tight lines!!!!
They all said no no
its there come look on the aqu-vu
lnce Reeling in...  Mike and jonsers playing the X-BOx Perch catching game...LOL SPudsey and DJ B  Soaking my cookies up with perch Juice... Dan in his quite Little hut with his brand newly TOrn flaot suit from his  cleets lol He was ticked....
Me without my Nice 50 pound spud bar...(sniff Sniff)
I Had a Great Time with Great FRiends Nice Day... and if anyone has any pics add them in or send em to me and ill put them in here!!!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

trapperdirk

Re: The day out with the Yankee Boyz!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Great story like always of the adventures of Germ and friends .ROTFLMAO . ;D Germ CT now carries the Jiffy Milles de Lacs chisel and it works great and doesn't weigh 50 lbs but does cost 50 bucks with tax .It'll teach spudsey and whoever what the wrist strap is for and if not they can be easily be replaced by a visit to CT. Anyone loses mine they get directions right on the ice .LOL ;D I'm surprised with the help of the Aqua view that you couldn't jig it back up with a williams. ::)

TD

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Problem was that The BAr was stuck the right way in...Like someone stabbed it... so... That weight at 26 fOW and the Force it was shoved to get it down.... Then add on that none of use had ROpe or.. Line enough to yank it had we actually achieved the hook to it on the end...
I Figured it wasnt worth my time. .. because i already lost time on Talking to the guys by like 35 mins trying to retrieve it... Better to spend it with people i dont get to see then to spend it on the Bar anymore...
Besides spudsey said hed replace it ... ANd i leave TO Mexico TOmmorow anyhow so i dont need it for a week,,,
ANd i only paid 40 for it...

ANyhow... LOL I did try to get it.. but oh well
LOL anyhow guys and gals have a great week of fishing:">:>
TIght lines!!!!!!!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Man oh man, you sure can tell a good story ;D It was realy slow on are side today as well but we got the hut out!!!!! Have a good trip type to ya when you get back 8)

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Well written Germ. I only got one picture for the day as my digital's batteries died on me out there. I only got one shottt and it was done for the day. That stunk because i did want to post some pictures. Friday was a great day to be on the ice.Poor Spud Bar. Germ , thanks for the hospitality,scouting and grub making lessons.Poor Lonely Spud Bar. It was a pleasure metting all your fishing pals-- Jay(spuds), Dave, jonser,mike,TJ, did I get'em all? Poor Lonely Cold Spud Bar. Saturday we went out into about 24 fow and did about the same as friday. It was a little sh*tty out sat though. Stayed until 4 pm. Hopefully we make it up again before the end of the season, which is probably a for sure thing seeing we don't have any ice here  >:(.Poor Lonely Cold Sharp Spud Bar. Just finished eating  all the fish I filleted today .I had my wifes sister's & kids and mother over.They all wanted to know when the next fish dinner was ;D. That was my ticket for my next fishing trip right there and they did'nt even know it ;D lol. Hey Germ, have a nice time in mexico and till next time--- SPUD BAR!!!!!  HA!!! I'll never forget that. I think about it and I laugh. My wife is like "what are you chuckling about", O nothing i say, Ha Ha Ha. O ya , she already knows about the suit . Asked her if my life was worth $300.00, she said of course. Then i proceeded to tell her about the suit ;). Once again i had a great time with Germ and the new faces I got to meet this year and con't to see during the yearly or more trips made to keswick. Thanks to DCMarine for a great place to stay and I have pictures of the apt. which i'll post later. Germ , company & Spud Bar, Stay On Top, Utes

Offline spudzie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Hey Germ I had the greatest time Friday out with the Yankee boys . they all know how to have a great time even though i lost that 50 pound stripes steeley lol. Thank goodness your in Mexico for a week, that should give me enough time to find a new spud bar . Man did that make it easy to pick out a nick or what. it was going to be spudzie of floppie fish since i fell flat on my back flopping around like a fish . Well flopping like a fish and with or with out a spud bar i will be out there in a second , but of course ill leave the spuding of the holes to you.

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a great time, it's not always about catching fish !  Germ have a great vaction south, south of the border.  Drink a couple of shots of tekillya for me !  See ya in a week and a half...

KD

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Na didnt mark it... But was funny to see that Perch ALready kicking around it On the Aqua-VU lol... It ws almsot to add insult to injury i guess lol...... Oh well whats a guy to do........

When i get some time (Just got in like a hour ago so i got lots to do) but ill post some MExico Pics...GOt one of me and a killer fish....... Sweet deal anyhow had a great time....     
Lots of drinks of Tekillya.... By the way...... It doesnt go well with Breakfast    ... WEll maybe I shouldnt have had it before i ate... BUt was good for Making Me stand staight in those waves lol LOL oh boy....

Had one guy there so drunk and made him do shots... It was awful byt the 3rd day ;lol oh well ill post some pics...
]
STill looking for my Bar SPudsie....
LOL       Was sad to see it was plus 8 plus 12 and all that :< doesnt make for good ice on the lake P:< Oh well tight lines all....

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Germ,
   Good to hear you had a geat vacation, thanks for hammerin' a few shots of tekillya for me !  I'll be up Thursday morning with a crew of yanks !  Let me know how the ice is holdin' up and any reports if ya get out.  I was planning on hitting the same general area as the last time.  See ya soon.  Tight lines.

Krustydawg

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2006, 01:33 PM »
You staying for a few days? OR>? How long? Just the day? Im off Friday so far... Not sure though cause if they offer overtime ill swallow it up as i need to pay some stuff off after this trip lol....

Oh well was worth it lol...
TIght lines~!

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Germ,
    We will be staying all day Thursday and Friday and half a day Saturday.  Hopefully you can get out with us Friday.  I think the ice will hold up well but I have a couple of real granny's coming with me ! LOL.

Krustydawg

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:58 PM »
No worries on the ice..... The spot you were at is still good... Ill Give her a try for Friday... Might have to jet after a couple hours or so... Ill do some checking and moving a bit while u guys play that perch video game lol... ANyhow Hope i dont work that day... LOL See ya then.... Might see ya thursday after work im sure you guys will probably be out still LOL..... I''ll stop by sometime after work and see how ur making out:>:> TIght lines! Ya also try a little Further out... but to the right a bit... ANyhow tight lines!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Great read Germ ;)

-Andrew
Andrew

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.