Author Topic: shakespere glacier ice  (Read 559 times)

Offline 2MuchStuff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'll be home after dark thirty
shakespere glacier ice
« on: Dec 29, 2023, 11:16 AM »
So I bought this rod  and reel set from shakespere called the glacier ice  ,the good the bad and the ugly
I gotta say I am less than impressed with this one. The rod is a light noodle, clear blue fiberglass with a orange tip.
It has 6 eyelets medium sized I would rate as a shanty rod ,looks like ice build up might be a problem in the elements. the action is fine, sensitive enough for small pan fish. A cork handle and no reel seat, so you have to tape or in my case heat shrink the reel on.  The reel is advertised as a drop reel from the push of the button,where is this button? There is no button. It is advertised as instant anti reverse where is this feature? There is a large drag knob on the side opposite the crank handles that does operate the internal drag but no anti reverse? No free spool you have to pull the line out by hand even if you were to loosen the drag all the way you still have to pull out the line and reset the drag.   The reel has a long stem and is made from metal of some kind,. painted blue and white This thing is really a marvel of misimformation and false advertising
so far I would rate this as a 2 out 10 for a overall  d-     
I have used this set up I strung some 4# mono to a tiny swivel and a horizontal tear drop jig ,with a grub it did catch fish but I found my self putting it down and grabbing another rod that is just easier to use I may keep the rod and ditch the reel
"if you don't know where to start,go back to the beginning" Alvin Soady.

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: shakespere glacier ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2023, 08:30 AM »
I have a handful of those rods, for the money I paid for the rods ($13/piece) I think they are hard to beat.  Think the rod itself is called an ice noodle.  Now they don’t offer the rods anymore which sucks, only offered in the combo for more money when you know the reel is probably garbage. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.