New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Honeoye BS thread  (Read 3944 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Honeoye BS thread
« on: Jan 03, 2009, 02:18 AM »
Oneida's got one...Honeoye needs one....Let's try to keep the Reports clear of chat so those wanting current conditions can find out what's happening.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
Re: Honeoye BS thread
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Hey RG,
Good idea.  I'm sure we will get plenty of posts on it this year.
I see there are some guys out there on the south end this morning.  I hope to join them tomorrow afternoon.
My ice fishing time is going to get cut short again this year.  My doctor called me Christmas Eve and told me I have cancer in my right kidney and it has to come out.  He wants to do it mid-late January.  I asked if he had a portable surgical unit he could bring out to the ice tent, so I wouldn't miss the afternoon bite, but it doesn't look promising.  The positive thing is I will probably have to stay home from work for a month or so. Let's hope the ice holds through February.
Good luck and Happy New Year.
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:30 AM »
Hey RG,
Good idea.  I'm sure we will get plenty of posts on it this year.
I see there are some guys out there on the south end this morning.  I hope to join them tomorrow afternoon.
My ice fishing time is going to get cut short again this year.  My doctor called me Christmas Eve and told me I have cancer in my right kidney and it has to come out.  He wants to do it mid-late January.  I asked if he had a portable surgical unit he could bring out to the ice tent, so I wouldn't miss the afternoon bite, but it doesn't look promising.  The positive thing is I will probably have to stay home from work for a month or so. Let's hope the ice holds through February.
Norm

Norm, good luck to you with your up coming surgery. Hope you aren't out of action to long.

Offline crappie78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Good luck Norm i wish you the best of luck

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2009, 01:55 PM »
Norm,
Gotta love an ice fisher. You're upbeat as always...Ice fishing in the face of adversity. Please let me know If I can help you out in any way.
Bob
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Norm,
I'm thinking of you. Best of luck with your procedure. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

packerbacker
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Offline Fisher Pol

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2009, 03:28 PM »
Norm,

I hope everything works out for you.  I will be out tomorrow afternoon.  Would like to me you if you are out.  I have the red shelter.

Anyone know how to change my username?

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Hi guys,
Thanks for all your support.  It is greatly appreciated.
Ice Novice, My neighbor and I hope to go out tomorrow afternoon from the state ramp.  Hope to see you out there.
Good luck.
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2009, 04:01 PM »
Hey Norm   sorry about the illness.   got a feelin you will be cuttin hole in no time knowin you.
  cant keep a good man down    Good Luck with your surgery ;)

"The FishinFoool" :tipup:
steve plum can't stop fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline solgrande

• IceShanty Rookie
  • waneta L NY-42"
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Sorry to hear `bout your illness.I wish you well,Good luck with surgery.A little r&r and back drilling holes.I`ll be down there tomorrow(red/blk suit pulling a scout)and try for some gills.Was @ onieda today(5 pickerel lost 4-2 were 23.5").
Bob

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:42 AM »
Sorry to hear about your illness. Doctors and hospitals suck, I lost a good job to illness that went midiagnosed for years fortunatley surgery wasn't needed.Get well soon the ice is calling.     
What I was wondering is there any lodging close to the lake? Since my friend and I aren't fishing the NAIFC tourney this year we wanted to do a weekend trip somewhere and Honeoye came to mind. Obviously we havent the slightest clue about the lake any info, lodging, tactics for walleye and perch and access would be greatly appreciated. We don't have machines so we will be walking. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. We were thinking a weekend in Feb.

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2009, 07:01 AM »
Hey Irish Jigger,
Thanks for your support.
The only lodging close to the lake is a new bed and breakfast on County Rd 37.  It is about 1/2 mile north of the Honeoye Bait and Tackle and about a mile north of the lake.  It is called the Little Lakes Inn and Healing Center.  I think they have a website so just Google them. Otherwise, the nearest motels are in Lakeville, Geneseo, or Canandaigua. 
The access points to the lake are at Sandy Bottom Beach on the NW corner or te NYS boat ramp on the SE corner.
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Norm,
 Thanks for the info, I wish you well. Cancer has touched my family quite a bit in the last few years its a scary and confusing time. Just remember you have family and friends to fall back on who are counting on you to get well. Thanks again and good luck.

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Web cam is full of ice    fisherman    wahoo    cant wait!!!!!    Hope Trident is good ;D

Offline titeline22

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I`am not back by sundown.... Just wait longer !
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Norm, good luck with the surgery. A former co-worker had a kidney removed and he was back at work 3 wks. later.  As we all know everyone is different. Iam sure with such a positive attitude as yours we will see you drilling holes like a mad man before the ice is gone. if anything is needed just put up a post, and Iam sure one of us will be there to give you a hand.

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2009, 05:33 PM »
Is anyone going out monday or tuesday?  I want to go out at Trident,but not alone. If anyone wants tom go let me know  I will check this thread in the AM.  either way Im going to Honeoye. ;D

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Steve....I'd don the pumpkin suit and take point for you...but...gotta work for da man!

I've got a bunch of virgin jigs that need ....well....they need!

Bob

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Bob I wish you could go too,and I also have some awsome new shiny jigs to test out along with a few other things.
Im sure we will get out together soon enough. dont work to hard.hehe   damn man keepin you down like that.

Ill just have to fish hard enough for both of us!!!!!

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:16 PM »
Is anyone going out monday or tuesday?  I want to go out at Trident,but not alone. If anyone wants tom go let me know  I will check this thread in the AM.  either way Im going to Honeoye. ;D

not sure if i will make it out or not, but i am hoping to get out there. i live near trident and would love to venture out if i see someone else out there. if you make it out, be sure to post and ill see what I can do.  havent been out to check the ice in a day, but there was someone out ice skating in the middle of the lake this evening, so hopefully it's good.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Norm,

Good luck with your surgery.  Hopefully you will be back out there soon. 

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2009, 07:39 AM »
was a bit disappointed when I was at Trident Monday,saw all the parking spots had boat trailers in them.  ???
  I guess they don't want to many ice fisherman there of something .looked like they did it on perpose.

"The Fishin Foool" :tipup:

Offline JEBADIAH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • R.I.P. JEB
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2009, 04:29 PM »
I cant say as I blame them,fished it last ice last year and there was a truck load of trash left there in the snow banks.I guess I could of cleaned it up and maybe I should have but the bottom line is Im not going to clean up after a bunch of grown men.

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2009, 05:29 PM »
iTS THE SAME OLD STORY   SOME RUIN IT FOR MANY!   IT SUCKS  I REALLY LIKE FISHING THERE

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2009, 05:39 PM »
Call them Steve...negotiate....c onvince them.....don't just let it go away.
RG

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:40 AM »
I'm not sure if that is the case steve....there were a bunch of people that had parked there yesterday to fish. Would be a good thing to check on.

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I know the owner quite well, It would not surprise me at all if he is upset, if there was a mess left behind, as well he should be. I would sooner believe that he is in the middle of trying to figure out his boat storage plan for this year. He has purchased a huge building and has taken on many more storage contracts. Stop in and talk to him, Brian or Joe, they are both nice guy's

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Thanks, I will talk to them .  this was just my assumption that they had the trailers in the usual parking spots. ???
I might go there friday we will see.

"The Fishin Foool" :tipup:

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:35 AM »
It is looking pretty grim as of now. The rain is steady and heavy, temps holding at 35. The worst of it is they are calling for several inches of snow over the next night - day. Take care.

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:42 AM »
lots of standing water, hopefully with the cold temps forcasted the next few days/nights, it will freeze whats on top.  ice was good yesterday, 3-4" of solid black ice

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2009, 06:05 PM »
Is anyone going out Tuesday Morning?  I hope to get out for a couple of hours.  I will monitor channel 7.
Good luck.
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.