New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake George Access Closed---Vandalism  (Read 3951 times)

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake George Access Closed---Vandalism
« Reply #30 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:31 PM »
Are you suggesting to donate a portion of your time every day on that project  ?
That would be awesome and I thank you in advance.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:36 PM »
Instead of fighting, put your heads together and come up with a proposal with several ideas and present them to the town board. If you work together and provide an united presence with good ideas to the board, you may just get your access and more back from the town.

P.S. if you mention the amount of money icefishermen spend on businesses in the town (ie; restraunts, bars, etc) that might persuade the town board more towards your favor.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:38 PM »
For all anyone knows it could have been a couple kids fooling around.

Offline Fishmarket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Are you suggesting to donate a portion of your time every day on that project  ?
That would be awesome and I thank you in advance.

There litterally is no time involved other than setting the camera up.  The pictures go directly to a cell phone instantly.  You don't have to go pull the memory card.  As soon as someone triggers the camera its going to your phone.
AM

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:45 PM »
sounds like you guys need the green mountain boys. we are headed down there on free fishing day to straighten things out.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:46 PM »
it  could  be terrorist too  fullthrottle ......

tuna  if I  didn't live  over  200 miles  away  on the shore of  lake  Ontario  I might  actually help I made some   sound  suggestions    my bet  some  local hunters  and  fisherman would  be more then willing to  donate the use  of a  few   trail cams   second  the  electric  plug to the  bubbler  should  be  in a  lock box  to begin with  ...other suggestions  call the  sheriffs  and  ask  for  a  few  extra patrols ...let the local DEC officers  know they are having issues ......have  a grounds  worker   or town maintence  worker  swing over in the  morning to  make  sure it's not unplugged  .... this really isn't  that big of  a deal pretty simple

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:47 PM »

a lock  box  for the  plug would  cost about  25  bucks and  just for  safty reasons  should have  already been installed  the   trail cams i'm betting a local hunting  club would  be more then willing  to  donate the use of them  ....... you  do know this isn't a international jewel thief it's  someone unplugging a  basic  sub pump  .... you  could catch this  knuckle  head in no time   a  couple  trail  cams in the  dock area a couple  to get the plate  number ........you guys  got to watch  northern justice on tv

Lol, that's the problem,  I don't watch TV and only try to keep things real .
In the fake world I work in , people cut cords when it's not so now simple to unplug.  Thus causing more damage. 
Only locks keep honest people out.

I have trail cameras in my woods.  If you don't check them routinely,  what's here now may be not around later.
Wifi requires a service fee.
All these things sound so simple but require time, materials and resources.

I only suggested a grudge because someone's cheerios had the wrong liquid  added.  Locally due to knowledge. 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:48 PM »
They would probably unplug it and pocket the free game cam.

you have  to  find the  cam  first  then they have   lock systems 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.