New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Keeping Reports & Conditions board exactly that !!!!!!!  (Read 3814 times)

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Keeping Reports & Conditions board exactly that !!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2006, 09:33 PM »
IceGeek, Yes, that was a good idea that billybono had.And I totally agree with you on it being hard for the mod's to control. Believe me, I like reading all the informative post's as well and i agree with IceGeek.It's the posts that have nothing to do with the reports/conditions/where to park/bait shops ect. that need to stop. It is just as easy to send someone a PM with info. or even your phone num.( as I have done a few times) and talked to them in person. I've even made a few more fishing partners by doing so. Guess this turned into more than it needed to be. I did'nt intend this post to cause rift-raft between us hardy NY IceShanty guys/girls, it was just something i noticed over the last week or so and thought i'd bring it up. I do think Billybono has a good point . Stay On Top, Utes

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Another thought on helping to keep the R&C threads on topic - http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=30123.0
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Utes
Its no problem with posting about this, I see it too but unfortunately there are ways around it. If someone reports about a lake that he fished adding ice conditions or catches to it, it is a report. What I see, is a bunch of mumbo jumbo added to the report that is of no intrest to anyone other than that person and maybe a few of his/her friends. If we deleted these posts there would be a lot of unhappy fisherman here. I see a lot of posts that have nothing to do with a thread but the members still have the right to post it as long as it stays within the rules of the site. I really think people who post to R&C should look and think about what they post before they type it, keep it simple and to the point. I personally don't care how many fish they got just post that they got some fish thats about all I want to see. I can, as well as hundreds of others here will make up our mind about what to use while we fish that lake. I personally don't like seeing a bunch of negative reports about a body of water from people who do not spend the time to figure out a body of water but have the time to type complaints about it. These same people will type on R&C a ice report then a paragraph of why they hate that lake. That same person figured a way around the rules and we can not delete it if they have typed something relating to reports. Some people ask a question "Hows the ice" and this year especially I see a lot of it due to the crappy weather we have had. Should this be deleted? I think if it was a year where we all had solid ice yes I would delete it but we all think "Safety First" here and I wouldn't want to think that someone got hurt because I deleted a post and that person took it upon himself to try the ice without checking with someone about conditions first besides using this site for all there info. There is a baitshop list here with phone numbers, if you do not see a report about ice call the baitshop simple and fast.Another thing I see a lot of is guys will post numerous times for the same lake the same day. Now many big bodies of water need this as we all know ice conditions change all the time but a smaller body of water doesn't need 10 reports if the same 10 guys fished in the same area. But again it is a report and we do not have the right to decide who's posts get deleted. It is up to the people making the reports to look and read the threads and truly decide that another report is needed or not. If someone reports to brag about their catches and thats what they live for then I think that person lives a sorry life. But if that person has a report meaningfull to help others then by all means report it. The other problem that occures is when someone reports about a catch and you get 6 responce posts of "Nice Fish". If thats what you want to do those posts should be taken to General discusion, and those types of responces should be deleted off lake reports. But again if the same responce came back I fished there today 6" ice and by the way nice fish. Is that a good response. Not in my eyes it isn't but the response made a ice report, another way around the system. To me the person who posted that needs to think a little more about what they have to offer to others here. I have seen and can think of plenty of members who have not offered much of anthing here as of yet. Well thats ok too a lot of members are here to teach them, and thats a lot of what this site is about Helping Others enjoy our sport. Should these same people be not allowed to post? No way post all you want, just take the time to think it out before you type it. Make the responces worthy of reading.  Read and learn here then take what you learn out to the lake and put it to work. Then come home and post a report worthy of every member here to read.
Cold Feet

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Coldfeet, Well Put and I totally agree with what you are saying. Let's hope for colder weather and YES- SAFETY I AGREE IS ALWAYS FIRST. Stay On Top, Utes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.