New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Didn't go fishing today, instead found this!  (Read 3954 times)

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Didn't go fishing today, instead found this!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:58 PM »
this is why so many places close the lakes for icefishing. not fair for us who are good about cleaning up our mess. just ruins it for the rest of us

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:59 PM »
What the hell thats a bunch of crap its not like it fell out of their sled they left it on purpose DIRTBAGS!!! Keep an eye out if they arent on here they will do it again. If they are on here this isnt the place for them... LEAVE! and stop calling yourselves sportsmen you are giving the rest of us a bad name

Good job LCD sucks it ruined your day though

Offline oglenforfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:10 PM »
i can not believe this what arsholes!! >:( >:( >:(

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:12 PM »
You are out there almost daily. If I were you, I would make it my MISSION to find these guys (you can almost bet they will be back!). If they did this once, they will do it again, and you should call down the law on their butts! I would bet they would not be too hard to find!
  Thank's for picking that mess up before the wind and snow dispersed it all over the lake! Karma will be looking out for you!

BIGJim223

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:21 PM »
Thank you for cleaning it up. But no worries, by the amount of cigs they smoke and the amount of coffee they drink, they will be dead in a few years.......no loss.

Offline Fugowee16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Seeing that makes me sick to my stomach. This is why us sportsman get bad names a very slim few ruin the great outdoors and all of us get a bad name. Carry in and carry out its really not that hard. Smarten up people don't ruin what we have! The people that left this mess are not outdoorsmen/women they are SCUMBAGS!!!! this is when you wish an Encon Officer was around.

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:17 PM »
I fished Chaumont bay Wednesday. A guy had a Frabil and every where he stopped he left beer cans and trash. I walked in with a sled full of this jerks trash.

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Thanks for doing the right thing. We need more ECO's. Bottom line.

Offline PikeCatch104

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team New York
« Reply #38 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:04 PM »
that just makes me sicks twirls my stomach..this is the one thing i hate THE MOST!!! we dont want scumbags like those but thanks for picking it up

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:51 PM »
What a mess! I personally smoke and the wind blew my cig outta my mouth today. I spent 15 minutes tracking it down. I found it and threw it into my trash bucket. These guys couldve taken 5 minutes an thrown that junk away. Disgusting! As for the fish....thats just all sorts of wrong
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:56 PM »
trash is generally the only thing that leaves trash. thank you for picking up after those slobs.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline lil_coondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:02 PM »
The real disturbing part was, that I had to use my spud and chop out most of those coffee cups from their holes. So, they were intentionally trying to discard their trash into the lake. Pretty messed up. Still not sure why those fish weren't thrown back or at least kept and cleaned. No reason to just leave them on the ice for the gulls and crows. I'm still stewing over that mess. I hope I never come across a scene like that again. Thanks for the support everyone. Nice to see true fellow sportsmen upset as much as I am. Happy fishing.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 32prez

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:12 PM »
That's a real shame, no pride in themselves as human beings obviously.
Thank you for taking care of it.

Offline fisher5878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:49 AM »
that is disturbing  :'( were they on the ice for a week straight  ???

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:01 AM »
 there are some real slobs out there ... thanks for picking up the trash lil-coondog ...
images.jpeg

Offline partyshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG!!!!
« Reply #45 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:35 AM »
 :cookoo: :%$#!: :sick: :sick: :sick: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Some say the glass is half empty, some say half full. The Irish will forever say "You gunna drink that?"

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Dirtbags!!!!!!!! :%$#!:
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #47 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:13 AM »
At least they were polite enough to use an ashtray for their butts...

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline lil_coondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:24 AM »
The butts were scattered all around. I used the coffee cup lid to collect them. There was bunch frozen into the ice that I couldn't get out.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #49 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:23 AM »
Funny, its almost like a bunch of people that don't care about the lake must have been fishing there.  Sucks for people that do care about the lake.   Wonder where they came from, or where they heard about 'rago.

Offline countryrebel127

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:53 AM »
people like that dont deserve to enjoy the great outdoors!

Offline Terasec

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 08, 2013, 10:15 AM »
It's usually the guys that only have one or two weekends a year to fish doing that crap. Their never going back so they could care less. Tons of access have been compromised this season because all these " city slickers," that bought up the lake, need is one piece of garbage to validate them putting up posted signs. We as ice fishermen have to take in the added responsibility of keeping our spots clean. Yesterday I was the first at the lot. Although I wanted to race to the perch, my fishing partner and I walked the entire lot picking up all the trash we could find. And honestly I was impressed to only get a handful of stuff. Not to mention the sweet jigs we found. I'm going to make it a point to be noticed by others doing this garbage cleaning each time I arrive, these bodies of water have given me and others so much, it's not hard to give a little back. Thanks to all that give back I know there's a lot of us elite ice fishers out their.

i would disagree,
dirtbags such as these come from all over,
many of the places i Fish, NY and PA, most of such comes from locals, who know the area and know they can get away with it.
in PA big lake, most of the non locals use the main parking lots, and its fairly decent, there are other parking areas few know about,  used to access the state game lands and other parts of the lake,  points on the lake accessed from those parking areas are generally a major mess,
same lake,
F&G usually scopes out the lake via binoculars from 2 points, locals know they cant be seen on certain parts of the lake from those spots and generally where they hide and make a mess.
I am a city slicker with a house in PA, and the hull of my kayak is often full of trash i picked up from those parts of the lake that only the locals know about,
many city slickers i know also do the same.

place i fish in upstate NY is 6 hrs from NYC,(st lawrence cty) not many city slickers up there, most city slickers stick to 3-4 distance from the city.
cleaner up there, because of less people, but still have its share of pigs which are generally locals

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #52 on: Feb 08, 2013, 10:48 AM »
thats funny Terrasec, its the opposite in my experience. Alot of the places I fish, when it was just a few, respectful people fishing there or using access points, we never ever had issues with garbage.    If I did, or someone else did, we picked up it.   Thats why i dread places getting blown up on here, 'cause then we lose our access due to idiots.   Look at all the places on 'rago where you used to be able to get on the ice for MANY DECADES that have been ruined and closed just in the last 5 years....   how about just this year over at public landing on otsego...    Ever been to ANY popular lake ontario tribs and seen the trash there? 

Offline TheWasp74

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #53 on: Feb 08, 2013, 10:51 AM »
That makes me sick! What scumbags

Offline Deggert60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 08, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Applause for picking it up! Words cannot describe how that irritates me.
-Eggs

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #55 on: Feb 08, 2013, 12:58 PM »
GREAT WORK,just smile and pick up after them,i do ALL the time
will not let them ruin my fishing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #56 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:12 PM »
Litter bugs give fishermen a bad name.
Master Laker taker.

Offline jigumup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to Fish Forced to Work!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 08, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Thanks for doing the right thing. Too bad you had to. I never understood the trash left behind. You can carry it in when it is full but not when it is empty and lighter?

Offline OGGYDOGGY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #58 on: Feb 09, 2013, 08:14 AM »
That is BS if I were a DEC officer I would target these kind of slobs , and fine the  out of  them!! They would never want to step out on the ice again. Those kind of people are not true sportsmen ! They depend on the caretakers of nature like yourself to clean up after them, and for that we thank you.

Offline Terasec

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Feb 09, 2013, 08:23 AM »
That is BS if I were a DEC officer I would target these kind of slobs , and fine the S#*T out of  them!! They would never want to step out on the ice again. Those kind of people are not true sportsmen ! They depend on the caretakers of nature like yourself to clean up after them, and for that we thank you.

Most dec would love to catch and find such people,
Problem is they can't be everywhere all the time.
Not a crime until you get up and leave trash behind, which can take all of 5 minutes to egt to your car and out of there.
Dec can't babysit people waiting for them to leave to catch them,
Really up to the rest of us to help.
Clean up what you can,
See someone leave trash behind, point it out and remind them, hey you left some stuff on the ice,
Write down vehicle descriptions, license plates, and forward it to local dec office.
If officer sees a specific vehicle in the lot, and remembers your fax/emai"/phone call, they will try harder to catch them in the act

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.