New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: brantingham lake access  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Koz

• IceShanty Rookie
brantingham lake access
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:06 AM »
Does anybody know how to get on brantingham lake?

Offline Flag!!Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: brantingham lake access
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:33 AM »
Private property signs on that lake (Private Lake),,  find a landowner or be slick about it...  I fish one very similar to it down in Madison county--Hatch Lake-- It's all privatized,,  people use to just wander onto the lake from the public highway,, but now if park on the side of the road,, property owners often come out and confront you.  I started parking 1/4mile down a side street, but I'm always worried about more confrontation... I resorted to coming up with phoney camp owner names ect... ::)   "I'm related to old man Johnson on the other end of the lake. ;D :P" This year, I found a cheap camp rental on the lake!  Might be able to find something similar up there on Brantingham...

Offline Koz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:46 AM »
thanks flag!!man good idea with the camp owner name thing some of those private lakes are so hard to get on.  I think i am related to old man johnson  ;)Thats a shame about hatch I use to fish it when i was at SUNY morrisville

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:49 AM »
Does anybody know how to get on brantingham lake?
Have family that has a camp there. I think your best bet is to park at a bar near there. It has been a long time since I have been out on that lake but I seem to remember a bar with lots of ATV's at it on the North shore? I could be wrong about that though...

Offline icepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:51 AM »
http://www.brantingham.com/html/rentals.asp

Check this site out. May be able to help you. My hunting camp is up there. Never fished the lake (any good), only the Independence.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:55 AM »
http://www.brantingham.com/html/rentals.asp

Check this site out. May be able to help you. My hunting camp is up there. Never fished the lake (any good), only the Independence.
When I was really young I remember my grandpa taking me out there from my aunts camp...we caught a lot of perch, some slobs.

Offline Flag!!Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:57 AM »
Have family that has a camp there. I think your best bet is to park at a bar near there. It has been a long time since I have been out on that lake but I seem to remember a bar with lots of ATV's at it on the North shore? I could be wrong about that though...

Yes, it's still there.  Nice little place   popular place to stop while snowmobiling in the winter too

Offline Koz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:20 AM »
Well ill try the bar then, I looked it up in the yellowpages and is it called rockys pub?
 if the fish arent biting they are always at the bar

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walk softly and carry a big gaff
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Breaking the law gives all ice fishermen a bad name, lets be responsible.
Ask at the bar(s) there use to be an access spot on the North end like a car top launch but no parking area everyone just parked on the rd.
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2023, 06:55 AM »
Any better idea on access of this lake than the bar. I know that is a good start for information, but.
Any help would be appreciated it’s close by a family’s camp
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline browndogscott

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2023, 06:02 AM »
There is public access at the boat launch. There isnt any parking but if you have a sled or atv im sure one of the bars would let you park there in exchange for some business.

Offline browndogscott

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2023, 06:07 AM »
You could also try kovach repair. there is access by snowmobile there. I dont know if they allow parking but its worth a shot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.