Author Topic: [CLOSED] Secret Santa Militia Package Contest!!! (READ DIRECTIONS!)  (Read 8138 times)

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
I know.lol

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
I can not disrespect the esox.

Offline J Hynes

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks secret santa

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Well, care to share?  I know, its not your place! The rest of us are sitting on pins and needles.  ESOX??????

Share what? The winners have been disclosed. You're late to the party... ;)2 https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=379498.msg4118371#msg4118371

Double kudos to the Secret Santa and no, I cannot divulge their identity. Not me and not Ice Shanty. but an appreciative benefactor and appreciator of the Ice Shanty community!

Hey! Secret Santa! You know who you are... THANK YOU FROM ME AND EVERYONE HERE AT ICE SHANTY!!!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Holy Smoke????

This never happens except Christmas!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

See GF? No WI bias... I told you it was random  :P ;D

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
See!!!!!!! ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Way to go guys....
esox your the best.... :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
They want the correct answers i think esox.lol

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Congratulations to the winners  :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Congratulations to the winners. I would still like to know the correct answers. When you have time esox. No rush enjoy your Christmas  :thumbsup:

Ahhhh! Of course! The correct answers:

Most post by an individual, all time: Raquettedacker.  :bow:

Most post by state: New York! Way to go guys!  :thumbsup: :clap:

Year Ice Shanty was founded: 1996. Some folks were very specific with the date but hey, just the right year qualified you.

Stats:

There were 49 people qualified for the Platinum Package so you had  1 in 49 (2%) chance of winning. Not bad odds...

There were 11 people that qualified for the Gold Package so they had a 1 in 11 (9.1%) chance of winning. Much better odds...

There were 5 people that qualified for the Silver Package so they had a 1 in 5 (20%) chance of winning. Best odds of all...

Glad to see some regulars hit the bonanza. I can't help but pull for some folks I know but truly. Random IS random or it ain't fair. Just like union work, what's good for one is good for all. It's the only way I know how to play and Secret Santa agreed.

Again, a special thanks to Secret Santa! I was humbled to be offered the opportunity to organize this for them.  I certainly appreciate their wish to remain anonymous and will not ever divulge their identity unless they direct.

THANKS SECRET SANTA!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!  ;)2 :clap: :bow:

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
Thanks for the answers. Good to know I got them all right after going thru all 4447 pages of members.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Some of you were very diligent in searching for all the correct answers. I have to say I know that there were at least a couple/few that sandbagged their way into a higher percentage group by passing or intentionally answering incorrectly. Nothing untoward about that, just using the system to increase their chances.

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ahhhh! Of course! The correct answers:

Most post by an individual, all time: Raquettedacker.  :bow:

Most post by state: New York! Way to go guys!  :thumbsup: :clap:

Year Ice Shanty was founded: 1996. Some folks were very specific with the date but hey, just the right year qualified you.

Stats:

There were 49 people qualified for the Platinum Package so you had  1 in 49 (2%) chance of winning. Not bad odds...

There were 11 people that qualified for the Gold Package so they had a 1 in 11 (9.1%) chance of winning. Much better odds...

There were 5 people that qualified for the Silver Package so they had a 1 in 5 (20%) chance of winning. Best odds of all...

Glad to see some regulars hit the bonanza. I can't help but pull for some folks I know but truly. Random IS random or it ain't fair. Just like union work, what's good for one is good for all. It's the only way I know how to play and Secret Santa agreed.

Again, a special thanks to Secret Santa! I was humbled to be offered the opportunity to organize this for them.  I certainly appreciate their wish to remain anonymous and will not ever divulge their identity unless they direct.

THANKS SECRET SANTA!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!  ;)2 :clap: :bow:

I don't see how New York has more post than maine 200+ more pages on maine's page than New York's.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Well brad, it's about the post count, not the page count. As of right now New York has 381,886 vs Maine's 377,450. A difference of over 4,000 posts. The discrepancy can come if some posts are very long or picture heavy taking up much more "page space" than a singular post.

The question was based on posts and not pages. Hope that answers your question. If it's any consolation when this started I'd figured Maine had the most posts but when all the NY answers started coming in I had to go look to be sure. Well, sure enough... At least you got MA beat  ;)2

Thanks for your engagement!

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well brad, it's about the post count, not the page count. As of right now New York has 381,886 vs Maine's 377,450. A difference of over 4,000 posts. The discrepancy can come if some posts are very long or picture heavy taking up much more "page space" than a singular post.

The question was based on posts and not pages. Hope that answers your question. If it's any consolation when this started I'd figured Maine had the most posts but when all the NY answers started coming in I had to go look to be sure. Well, sure enough... At least you got MA beat  ;)2

Thanks for your engagement!

Guess I didn't look at the numbers when I saw Maine had 200+ more pages I thought it was a no brainier
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
I almost picked maine.then saw New York had more.took me by surprise.it was fun putting all the answers together.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Congratulations to all the winners. Secret Sana thank you for donating the prizes. Esox_xtm thank you for running this contest.
 Steve

Online badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I appreciate the opportunity to participate. This site is the best.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for the opportunity Secret Santa! Congrats to the winners and big thanks to Esox for taking the time out of his day to do this.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
I would  like to thank the secret santa for donating the prizes and to esox xtm for running the giveaway.also shout out to iceshanty and mods for running the best icefishing site on the web.

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thanks for the answers. Good to know I got them all right after going thru all 4447 pages of members.
[te]you just had to click in the too of the column and it auto sorted by the number of oists
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
To All!

Thanks to every one of you for helping make Ice Shanty the best site on the web. It was my pleasure to be able to give a little back in appreciation of all of you and Scott's hard work.

May you and all those dear to you have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year!

Secret Santa :tipup: :icefish:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
The same to you all and thanks, 'sox, for some just good fun!    :)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
I just have one question, I know Ice Shanty started this forum in 1996. But there are no other members that joined before 2001. Asking for a friend.
Yes I did read all 4447 pages

Offline Wapiti406

• Team IceShanty Regular
Congrats to the winners!  Fly those militia flags high!

Thanks esox_xtm and the secret santas!

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
I just have one question, I know Ice Shanty started this forum in 1996. But there are no other members that joined before 2001. Asking for a friend.
on one of the home pages on the very bottom it said iceshanty 1996 to 2020.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Everyone lurked for the first 5 years, then in 2001 decided to join just so they can see the Fishing Reports and Conditions threads.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Everyone lurked for the first 5 years, then in 2001 decided to join just so they can see the Fishing Reports and Conditions threads.

That's funny! I honestly don't know the history myself, only came on board in 2010. Never really thought about it I guess. In fact, because I'm not an FB guy never knew IS had a Facebook presence until my Mom mentioned it.  It was there I first found IS was founded in 1996. Could barely find mention of that here. Silly me, look for the copyright at the bottom of the page  ::)

I think a history "About Us" page would be cool. Maybe I can talk Scott into spilling some details and I'll write it up. I think a "business meeting" is in  order Scott. Spend a day on the "Secret Lake"?  ;)2 You talk and I'll take notes.

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
In 1996 I don’t even know of a site that you could post online ! People sent me emails with tricks and tips and I posted them. Shortly after that There was two forum software programs I used before this one. The first one was a free site and went under and that board was lost. The other one was not upgradable. Starting from scratch again around 2001 (really can’t remember it’s been so darn long) I found simple machines forum software, really liked the way it worked and we’ve been on that ever since. However it’s looking time to change again as smf seems to have fallen behind the times.
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
In 1996 I don’t even know of a site that you could post online ! People sent me emails with tricks and tips and I posted them. Shortly after that There was two forum software programs I used before this one. The first one was a free site and went under and that board was lost. The other one was not upgradable. Starting from scratch again around 2001 (really can’t remember it’s been so darn long) I found simple machines forum software, really liked the way it worked and we’ve been on that ever since. However it’s looking time to change again as smf seems to have fallen behind the times.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Scott. Stay healthy and well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.