Author Topic: [CONTEST] No Ice Blues?  (Read 6177 times)

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: [CONTEST] No Ice Blues?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 24, 2019, 10:56 AM »
I don't know what could be worse, not having ice but having the strong desire to fish or not having the desire to fish with 12"+ of ice starting right after Thanksgiving? Before I took up winter sports/activities I was a "winter-hater" because I got stuck in the house. Then, I discovered skiing and snowboarding and that took me out of the house during the winter for close to 20 years. Then, as I got older and my joints started aching more I decided to give ice fishing a try. That was over 20 years ago and I haven't looked back since!

Now I am in the minority in my family when it comes to winter appreciation, and I start getting antsy by late November.

Although we haven't got good safe ice in the Rte. 495 belt I was able to get out this past weekend by driving up to southern NH.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline bhicefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 25, 2019, 12:36 PM »

From Lenawee to Kent
The cold came  and went
50 on Christmas it was colder on Halloween.  It's as warm for this time of year as we have ever seen.  Those of us who who want ice just sit and wait. We hope that the ice will come before it's too late.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2019, 08:53 PM »
No ice blues? Here goes...

Bought a sled this spring, on the account front the almanac that it would be a long, hard freeze across the plains. Later practically stole a Gen 1 jiffy pro 4 for $150. Eventually, the ice starts in, and I think "well, better get a spud bar for early ice". So I find a pipe in a dumpster at work, and, using the school forge, forged it to a point, and it works well, I might add. By this time, safe ice is tantalizingly close, 3 3/4 inches. Thennnn it got hot. And with an inch and a half of rain tommorow, local ice is shot. So here I am, with all my gear ready to go  just waiting. And waiting. And waiting.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #34 on: Dec 28, 2019, 11:35 PM »
Well now, after reading over the posts several times. I believe I've come to a conclusion....... We've all got the "No Ice Blues".
  We definately want to thank everyone for your stories. After thinking about them......
  Can someone call 1moFish. For sure Im gonna say a prayer for Mo, but he really needs someone to talk too.
  The captain on the other hand at least got in the boat and had enough about him to make it to the lake, tie his gear off before he tossed it in the water.
While IceHoleHEN dragged everything out to a "Sea of green", jumped in the shack and started listening to the whirr of the vex. HE hit the lights which turned out to be some Pro Pilkki and was lost in the Dream we all are waiting for. I'm sure I'm speaking for anyone walking, driving,or just going by your house at this time. It ain't just your wife..lol
I'm gonna say IceHoleHen needs a
 prize pak. With the swag at least everyone going by will know where to find the rest of us crazies...

Send you address to Scott and enjoy the swag.

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2019, 06:45 AM »
Congrats to 1moFish,  captain54 and finally IceHoleHEN for telling us bad it is! Winners please me your mailing addys.
Big thanks to everyone who posted their no ice blues. Let's hope the weather changes quickly back to winter come January!
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Thank yin’s, I appreciate it. Hopefully we see hard water sooner than later. But for now if you happen to drive by my house and see me sitting in desperation, I’m okay, just waiting to walk on water.
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 30, 2019, 03:12 PM »
Ice is like sex. You never know when you're gonna get some. You never know how much you're gonna get. You always want more and you wish it would last longer.

haha well said....
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 30, 2019, 07:51 PM »
congrats to the winners. I wanted to enter but never got around to entering  my blues. Now I am feeling blue because I missed I. Wha wha wha. Oh there is no crying in ice fishing.   :-\

Offline Evinrude58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 30, 2019, 10:34 PM »
That's right capt. there is NO crying in ice fishing as the hot tears would melt the ice.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 31, 2019, 07:53 PM »
That's right capt. there is NO crying in ice fishing as the hot tears would melt the ice.
What ice !

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #41 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:06 PM »
thanks scott.memories are fading of ice fishing.oh well got to get my stuff ready olman winter here again to stay i think ? :-\
see ya on the ice
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:40 PM »
First of all I'm from Indiana where our ice season isn't very long even during the good years.
  Right now I'm in the Florida keys, and the fishing has been amazing. Snappers, hog fish, grouper, yellow tail, mackerel, 8 foot sharks ect.
   Most people would be content, but I still find myself on here checking the posts and dreaming of ice. If that isn't ice blues I don't know what is.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:53 PM »
Next to icefishin i'd have to say ocean fishin a close second? both have their pluses and no minuses lol the warm breeze,the icey blasts,a cooler load of fish on ice ,nice
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.