The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry Northwest  (Read 834 times)

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
Canyon Ferry Northwest
« on: Jan 14, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Anyone been outside the south end of Canyon Ferry?  White Earth, Duck Creek, Confederate, Chinamans, ect... How's the ice doing on the rest of the lake, I've only been down on the south end around the Silos so far. Looks like this next week should make a few more inches of ice.

Anyone have any good advise on the Ling in Canyon Ferry?  I know they are bottom feeders, and prefer feeding at night, (how do they know its night from the bottom?), and they like the nasty sorts of bait you can find, rotten chicken pieces, ect...  Any other good techniques?  I've only had accidental luck and don't really know how to target them. 

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Canyon Ferry Northwest
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Glow jigs on the bottom with sucker meat.  Tip-ups on the bottom with sucker, put some glow on um if you can.  I was thinking glow sticks might work pretty well, but have yet to try um.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
Re: Canyon Ferry Northwest
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:44 PM »
I've tried a small glow stick set with a glow hook w/ maggots, for perch, and it seemed to not help at all, could be just nothing in the area too.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.