The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2007-2008 Montana Ice Shanty Get Together  (Read 10291 times)

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
2007-2008 Montana Ice Shanty Get Together
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Ok.. The ideas have been compiled and the public polled. Here are the details for the 2007-2008 Ice Shanty Get Together.

Date: January 5-6
When: Meet at 11:00 AM (that way everyone can get  in on the morning bite first if they want to)
Where: Canyon Ferry Lake:Silos Recreation Area  Everyone bring their hunters orange. We will wear that at first so we can tell who is there from the shanty. 

JigMaster5000 will bring his fire ring so we will set up Ice Shanty HQ.  He would appreciate it if everyone could bring some firewood since there is not much there to gather.  Food and drinks will be on your own. 

I was thinking that we could do a fishing pool where everyone pitches in $5 and the person with the biggest fish of the weekend wins the cash.

Please post if you plan to make it.  Any other ideas are welcome.  If you have questions, let us know.

Walltrout

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2007-2008 Montana Ice Shanty Get Together
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Aww cmon Wally aint ya buyin the beer? :tipup:

Wasn't it you who was complaining about the Coor Light I brought last weekend? 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 04:19 PM »
NOPE.

I think it was yer pops, he said they are anti gun.

I said, but they've got the silver bullet ???

I drank mine with a BIG smile on my face!!

It all tastes the same on the ice. :tipup:

My dad is full of it. Coors is the primary financial sponsor for the non-profit American Enterprise Institute which is very adamant about its anti-gun control position.  So, I say drink more coors.   ;D

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:26 PM »
I must have missed the conversation that moved this thing up date wise...  I read the entire other thread and the last dates thrown out were the last weekend in January during the tourney...what happened to that..

I think you may not even have ice the first weekend in January the way things have been going!

I can go the last weekend in January but not the first....too far to drive for the "chance" that there will be ice....

Offline PerchFan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Im in if I dont wrestle that weekend

Offline PerchFan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:35 PM »
we going both 5th and 6th

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:52 PM »
Count me in, and I will bring some BEER and some firewood (in that order, First things first).  And Jiggy said he'd bring the hookers, i mean hooks.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Count me in, and I will bring some BEER and some firewood (in that order, First things first).  And Jiggy said he'd bring the hookers, i mean hooks.

Hey RR, good to see your back. I was wondering where you went.

iceandwiskey

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Would you guys mind if a newbee showed up?  I've been known to stand on the ice a throw back a few beers and I don't leave home without the wiskey :thumbsup:.  I also have some fire wood I could bring.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Would you guys mind if a newbee showed up?  I've been known to stand on the ice a throw back a few beers and I don't leave home without the wiskey :thumbsup:.  I also have some fire wood I could bring.

No problem. You are definitely welcome.  Also, any lurkers out there, this is your time to get involved.  I think the more people we have the more fun we will have.  

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I've been laid up for a couple months with a broken heel, but it's getting better, just a slow proposition.  Guided fly fishing all summer, so I didn't have ANY time to be on line.  But with winter here, and the hard water of course, HERE I am.

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Then I guess it would be more like "10 feet from Jiggy"  as long as we both have BEER IN HAND who cares?

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Iceandwhiskey....If you showed up that would be great...the more the merrier=more fun.  Show up, and I'll guarantee you have fun with Jiggmaster5000 and Walltrout.

iceandwiskey

« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2007, 05:07 PM »
Well, I will be there.  What should I bring?

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2007, 05:15 PM »
Beer, stories, firewood, beer, some food(i'll bring a little barbeque), beer, bait, lures, stories, beer and something to sit on.
  bait at this area includes...woolly buggers (brown or a light pink if you can find them), nightcrawlers,and don't forget the beer

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Well, I will be there.  What should I bring?

Fishing gear - bait (live minnows are not allowed but maggots for perch and trout and cut bait for ling), up to 6 tipups
  There is a bait and tackle shop at the marina that should be able to supply anything you might forget.
flashlight
food
drinks
some firewood if you have it
hunters orange if you have it (we will wear it until we get grouped together)
some sort of sleeping arrangement. (I plan on sleeping in my truck but Townsend is not too far away. The Mustang Motel (266-3491) is in Townsend.  Or there are plenty of places to park campers or trailers if you have one.

That should be about it.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Beer, stories, firewood, beer, some food(i'll bring a little barbeque), beer, bait, lures, stories, beer and something to sit on.
  bait at this area includes...woolly buggers (brown or a light pink if you can find them), nightcrawlers,and don't forget the beer

RR, I think by the guy's screen name, he will have the alcoholic beverage part covered.   :laugh:

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2007, 05:33 PM »
RR, I think by the guy's screen name, he will have the alcoholic beverage part covered.   :laugh:
Yeah, I think ur right, but we just have to make sure everybody's prepared.  Scout's motto you know?

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:40 AM »
I already have some crown, so I'll bring that...

iceandwiskey

« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Yes you guessed it!!  I travel well prepaired...  How about some WILD TURKEY?   :woot: oz. for oz.  that will keep you warmer than most. :thumbsup: at least thats what I hear.  Personaly i've never had the stuff ;)2  I hear it's bad for your liver and, makes you do things you otherwise wouln't do.  Not really my style, nope not at all... ;)2 Ok now back to reality.  I will bring my portable stripper (the fish ;) pole (you guys have dirty minds).  But i'm not sure if there are any strippers in CF...

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:03 AM »
All this talk about stippers poles is making me  :woot:

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:07 AM »
All this talk about stippers poles is making me  :woot:
I think Jiggy can stop by Teasers on his way by and get the strippers.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:09 AM »
I think Jiggy can stop by Teasers on his way by and get the strippers.
Don't tell Troutgoddess  :nono:

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:10 AM »
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody.

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:11 AM »
 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

iceandwiskey

« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:11 AM »
I guess I could swing by there.  My crew cab only sits 5 guys but it seats 17 strippers.   ;D

iceandwiskey

« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:13 AM »
thats not including the back ;D

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Did you know they can fish too?

iceandwiskey

« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:17 AM »
And just for the case that there is only me and 17 women.  In the tool box next to the wiskey, I keep my twister game.  (Left hand on yellow) ;D  ah yes!!!  I kinda take the party with me ;D

Offline troutgoddess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:26 AM »
You guys are full of it! Its going to be the biggest sausage fest ever seen of CF...  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.