The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: live bait  (Read 916 times)

Offline BIG WEST

• Team IceShanty Regular
live bait
« on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:16 PM »
hey was wondering if someone could give me some info on the closest place to the tounge river res p can get mpnnows. I had one guy say hardin but i couldnt find any listings for bait shops. I'm heading to the res friday and having minnows would be cool. any info would be greatly apperciated.   thanks   big west

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: live bait
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Try the gas or service station listing or call a buisness there and ask somebody. They do have bait at gas station there.
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:38 PM »
The Minnow Bucket in Huntley is the nearest to TRR that I'm aware of.  They always have minnows.  Pryor Creek Bait shop in Laurel may have some leads too.  The guy that runs Osprey Realty in Billings also has minnows, he is located behind the Billings Gunsmiths shop on Grand, check the phone book.  If you are coming from the Eastern side, Red Rock Sports in Miles City usually has minnows.

As far as I know, that afore-mentioned guy in Hardin only has minnows in the summer.  There used to be a guy in Ranchester WY and a pawn shop in Sheridan that sold minnows and were fairly convenient to TRR, but now the import of minnows from out of state (even though its the headwaters of Tongue River) isn't allowed.

My .02s.

Offline CLUB 32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:09 AM »
The Minnow Bucket is a good place and the service is great and they have always been up for good conversation when I've been there. However just a heads up, a friend of mine was there earlier this week and they just had the small minnows, nothing with any size. 
Below the radar.  Under the glass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.