The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lower Crow Reservoir  (Read 1479 times)

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lower Crow Reservoir
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Fished there yesterday from about 9 am- 4 pm and was blow away how much things change over time. Used to fish there in high school and since I've moved to Bozeman have not made it back in 3+ years. Used to do really well on perch/pike and also browns from time to time. Decided to go for old times sake while I'm home for Christmas break, bought a 3 day permit for the rez and I don't think I will use it anymore. We caught plenty of 3-6 in. perch, never seen some so small, did not have 1 flag go off all day, and I caught one small brown. I don't know what has changed other than water level which is almost 20 ft lower that when I used to fish it, but it was NOT good. I have one day of rez permit left and was going to try Kicking Horse. Never ice fished it before, has anyone else? Is it just perch and bass?

Offline muskyhntr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lower Crow Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:40 PM »
This past summer I caught some brook trout and rainbows that were 15"-18" out of kicking horse.I caught them in a bay in the very southeast corner of the reservoir,the road on the dam will take you right to it.There is a creek that flows into the bay there this past summer while in my boat I found that there is a deep (50 feet) hole in the center of the bay.The water temp. was also 10-15 degrees colder in that bay,so you might give that a try.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.