The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Home Depot Discount Ice Fishing Gear  (Read 3257 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Home Depot Discount Ice Fishing Gear
« on: Jan 15, 2023, 06:31 AM »
With everyone being so GRUMPY about not having safe ice, I figured I would start a more optimistic thread! 😜

Did you guys know that Home Depot sells ice fishing gear? And they have some discount brands with very reasonable prices!

I have been looking at the large hub style shelters for years but refuse to pay $500, $600 or even $700.............the prices for the name brand stuff are rediculous! 🙄

Then I heard on here to check Home Depot online. I was amazed to find this 8 man insulated hub for under $250!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Outsunny-Portable-8-Person-Pop-Up-Ice-Shelter-Insulated-Ice-Fishing-Tent-with-Ventilation-Windows-and-Carry-Bag-AB1-004/318642569

Needless to say, I jumped on it! 😎 I got it home and checked it out and it looks to be everything I hoped it would.

Now if we could just get some safe ice to actually USE it.................... .....😉
Where's the FISH?!

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Home Depot Discount Ice Fishing Gear
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2023, 07:43 AM »
I have gotten a few ice-fishing things over the past few years from them and all have worked out well, including my current flip over.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2023, 08:11 AM »
I’ve used them for small things where I could get it shipped to the store for free instead of paying shipping somewhere else. I know the Clam stuff must be drop shipped direct from Clam because the jig box I ordered came with some free extras in the box, a towel and a hat, stickers, catalog. Not bad for a $12 purchase

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2023, 08:54 AM »
thanks for the heads up, i will check it out  ;)

Offline ira-akrfc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2023, 09:09 AM »
Great tip - thanks.

I've never heard of Outsunny. Does anyone have any experience w/ this brand. Prices look pretty good.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2023, 11:13 AM »
just checked home depot out on line wow they have lots of stuff and prices arent to bad either some of the items can even be shipped to store for pickup

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2023, 01:07 PM »
Ruttnutt, I've seen that brand around and if you happen to have to to write a quick review I'd love to hear it...

Some reviews say it's not waterproof, which for some days could be crucial in Pennsylvania...

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2023, 03:47 PM »
just checked home depot out on line wow they have lots of stuff and prices arent to bad either some of the items can even be shipped to store for pickup

I forgot to mention that...............if you have it shipped to the store(which I did) there is NO SHIPPING FEE! 😎
The only downside is this stuff is online only, so if you want to see and touch it in person you are out of luck. (But for those prices, it was worth it to me to take a chance!)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2023, 03:58 PM »
Ruttnutt, I've seen that brand around and if you happen to have to to write a quick review I'd love to hear it...

Some reviews say it's not waterproof, which for some days could be crucial in Pennsylvania...

I’ll be sure to come back and report my findings once I actually USE it. I’ve only taken it out of the bag and looked at the material and seems like quality! But I did see that mentioned in the reviews about the waterproofness (is that a word?! 🤪)
Again, I figure for the price, it was worth taking a chance! Worse comes to worse I’ll use that spray waterproofing stuff or just throw a tarp or something over top if it starts to leak.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2023, 10:56 PM »
Well, PaCarpboy helped me set it up this morning at Duck Harbor. I think it is safe to say it exceeded all expectations! 😎

Very roomy inside and absolutely no condensation on the inside all day. Very well ventilated with 4 pop up vents on roof and lots of light inside with 4 windows(2 on front 2 on back) Liked how they roll up and tie in place. Comes with 8 ice anchors and guy lines and anchors come with rubber caps on the tips for storage. They come in a heavy duty carry bag with strong Velcro closure.

Might be hard to see in the shadow but we had the back guyed out with lines...............

Plenty roomy inside- we drilled 3 holes and spread out. George fired up his buddy heater but we didn’t need it above the low setting. Was -4* when I got there but I bet it was 40* warmer in there! Didn’t even need my gloves and after awhile the holes stopped icing over.................. ..

Zippers on the doors(1 on each end) seemed to be sturdy and the quilted insulated material seemed like quality!

Overall I give it 5 stars................. very impressed and hard to believe I got it for UNDER $250! 😎
Where's the FISH?!

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2023, 06:46 AM »
Just to set the record straight, that IS NOT my half-eaten donut.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2023, 07:26 AM »
RuttNutt, did you buy the last one? They are sold out now!!! haha I ordered my clam plate from home depot and have been very pleased!
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2023, 12:31 PM »
Lol! Nope, they were still available after I bought mine, but I figured at THAT price they wouldn’t last TOO long! 🤪
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2023, 04:45 PM »
Just to set the record straight, that IS NOT my half-eaten donut.

Nope! That was my secret to the dink gill fest! 😜
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2023, 07:26 AM »
Just a heads up- they sell camping gear too! Just ordered an insulated sleeping pad. I have the UN-insulated version for warm weather, but wanted one with a better r-value for colder weather!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klymit-Insulated-Static-V-Lite-Sleeping-Pad-Mango-Orange-06I2OR03C/322121224

Where's the FISH?!

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2023, 07:47 AM »
What colder weather???

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2023, 09:05 AM »
It’s coming back George...............j ust be patient! Temps supposed to drop back into the 20’s tomorrow night.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Gfetch3914

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2023, 09:35 AM »
@stickhick86 those shelters are in stock on homedepot website (96) available if you're still looking.

Offline fatty crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2023, 06:57 PM »
Not a promoter or getting anything out of it but a nice local store is having an ice fishing open house in early Dec. Super guy that deserves business more than a chain... plus you will find more ice gear than anywhere else in a 4+ hour drive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.