Author Topic: 3 months  (Read 2249 times)

Offline David Vadnais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My passion?ICE FISHING
3 months
« on: Sep 22, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Only 3 months.
Seulement 3 mois.Ca s'en vient vite! ;D
David Vadnais

Offline emkay

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 3 months
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Ma cabane est presque fini... Jai acheter ma generatrice hier, question de pouvoir ecouter les Habs apres une bonne journee de peche...

Offline David Vadnais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My passion?ICE FISHING
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Ma cabane est presque fini... Jai acheter ma generatrice hier, question de pouvoir ecouter les Habs apres une bonne journee de peche...

Excellente idée!Combinaison peche et le Canadien. ;D .A+
David Vadnais

Offline Finlander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2010, 01:57 AM »
Hello! I'll visit Quebec City at December at 11th - 15th, and I would like to go fishing! I think it is ice fishing like we have here in Finland then?! It would be nice to go ice fishing with someone who knows good places there and perhaps have a cottage or something. Anyone who would like to go fishing with me? And perhaps take couple of beers too  :P
I think the fishing trip could last from Saturday morning to Sunday evening (December 11th - 12th). Trout and arctic char are my favor fish, and I think you have some nice and big, different types of trouts there in Canada. Other fish are ok too. I´m arranging my flights and it would be nice to hear about the possibilities soon! I have a conference in Quebec from Monday to Wednesday.
Mikko from Helsinki

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Hi Mikko! I'm in Quebec city and for the dates you wrote, you're gonna be a little to soon for almost places here, it's start on december 20 and, often only really start between Xmass ans Hollyday to have maximum ice thickness security....They're not really places for trout and artic char..usually it's all closed for the winter. So, in the dates you're going to be here, IF weather is not so bad(i mean no ice) they're a couples of opportunities
 around St-Laurent river(because it's always open, all the year) for shore fishing..

If weather is good(everything is possible..since three year ago I stopped on december 19 shore fishing),I'll be glad to be with you for a fishing day on saturday 11..Walleye, pike, carp and who know?(lot of species in St-Laurent River) 

Best Regards.

Steven.

I'm new here and the Quebec section looks quiet!!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline Finlander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2010, 03:39 AM »
Thank you for your reply Steven!
Yes, I tried to find some fishing service providers from Quebec and I heard that this period is between the seasons... Here in Finland we have 200000 lakes an when the ice is 5cm thick we go fishing  ;) Our country is quite long, here in south it is still trolling fishing etc. but in north there is -20 celcius and tens of centimeters ice and snow. Anyway St-Laurent sounds very very nice, it would be great to go there! I must take a fishing rod then instead ice fishing things. Walleye, pike etc. are just perfect. Please write an e-mail to me so we can agree the details of the fishing day! My address is mikkofromhelsinki(at)gmail.com
Mikko

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:09 AM »
ok..summer fishing rods are still used until ice is already..But, if what you whant to bring with you is counted as a second luggage, they often double charge you for that(the first luggage is included in your flight but not the second) That was just happening here to a friend who came from Paris...Whatever, I have a lot of rods here..Maybe just bring your reels if you're not using the right hand to reel..

Offline Finlander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2010, 03:10 AM »
Yes, perhaps I need to borrow from you, especially if I´m taking only hand luggage. At the moment I'm packing ice fishing things, tomorrow we're going to most northest lakes in Finland to try to get some arctic chars - day is only 4 hours long, must be quick  :)
Steven, please e-mail to me, mikkofromhelsinki(at)gmail.com ! We need to arrange a meeting.
Mikko

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2010, 08:31 PM »
E-mail sended... Now..I hope that the weather"s gonna be good for us!

Offline Finlander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2010, 02:18 AM »
I didn't got that mail, but I already sent some mail for you! but for all the readers, I got couple of very nice arctic chars in the weekend from Lapland! Fish were about 2lb / 0,7-0,9kg each and with very nice colours! Fish were in shallow water, only 3 feet / 1m water under the ice. Hook was full of red maggots. Also couple of small trouts caught. Mikko

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:18 PM »
With the weather conditions(to much clod for clear water), we could not fish....and now it's worse.. received today maybe 12-15'' of snow(bad to help ice to become thicky),  tonight and tomorrow all day it's a lot of rain!!  :'(

On a pas pu pêcher vu la température.. et la c'est pire.. 12-15 pouces de neige(ça aidera pas a épaissir la glace) et cette nuit et demain..de la pluie....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.