The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Holter  (Read 1679 times)

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
Holter
« on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:10 PM »
Going to try to fish Holter on Saturday for the first time. Excited to see some new water.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Holter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Be careful and let us know how it goes.
Dont ask

Offline missoulaicebeerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2019, 10:33 PM »
As long as you can count on two hands, you should be able to give an accurate perch report these days.  :'(   I noticed they preferred a smaller, less aggressive, slower presentation last weekend.  I got all of mine on a scud (fresh water shrimp) out of my fly box, about 14" under a gold sweetish pimple.  The ducer played a big role in figuring out their mood and jigging action.  Good luck!

Offline antilapreston

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2019, 08:59 PM »
Never fished Holter. Headed this week during the week so if there isn't much of a crowd idk where I will be drilling holes....probably by some previous drilled areas. How's the Walleye fishing out there?

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2019, 09:29 AM »
Never fished Holter. Headed this week during the week so if there isn't much of a crowd idk where I will be drilling holes....probably by some previous drilled areas. How's the Walleye fishing out there?

This post cracks me up - bro go find the fish yourself, dont rely on someone else figuring it out

Offline BobberdownMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:00 PM »
It’s an epidemic these days man. No hard work values or ethics involved. Social media and internet. There is people out there that will give you exactly what you ask for. Me on the other hand can care less about your fishing report I know how to fish the lakes I fish from years of hard work nothing handed to me. Yes I’m on this site. I do like to see ice conditions sometimes. Other social media? None, never, ever.

Offline BobberdownMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:18 PM »
The Washington license plate showing up at a place I hunt snoopin around because they heard on Facebook it holds good elk numbers pisses me off so bad man it damn near gives me tears.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2019, 02:17 PM »
The Washington license plate showing up at a place I hunt snoopin around because they heard on Facebook it holds good elk numbers pisses me off so bad man it damn near gives me tears.
Thats how washintonians scout,they cruise roads and trailheads looking for local plates.
Dont ask

Offline IceinMT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2019, 02:50 PM »
The world  is full of buzzards now days. Half the guys I see fish with binoculars . Hunting,I can all ways seem to get far enough away from the road to not see the lazy people. Sad world. This last year The game warden watched A young girl shoot a small bull. 1st thing he did was tell some people that stopped and talked to him.The people walked right past the people tracking the bull and finished it off. Than tagged the bull. The people tracked the blood right to a bull with a tag on it. Sad the game warden should have not said crap to any one.And the people that walked up and shoot a downed bull to tag it should have been beaten.SAD

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2019, 03:14 PM »
This new breed of warden we have to deal with is something else.
Dont ask

Online meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2019, 03:17 PM »
The world  is full of buzzards now days. Half the guys I see fish with binoculars . Hunting,I can all ways seem to get far enough away from the road to not see the lazy people. Sad world. This last year The game warden watched A young girl shoot a small bull. 1st thing he did was tell some people that stopped and talked to him.The people walked right past the people tracking the bull and finished it off. Than tagged the bull. The people tracked the blood right to a bull with a tag on it. Sad the game warden should have not said crap to any one.And the people that walked up and shoot a downed bull to tag it should have been beaten.SAD

They should be shot for that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.