The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Upper Islands Report  (Read 750 times)

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Upper Islands Report
« on: Mar 04, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Please note, this is merely a report, NOT a recommendation!  My wife & I just drove up Rt. 2 through Grand Isle & North Hero, across the truck route to West Shore Rd in Alburgh and back down to Rt. 2. Most of the ice we saw was water a day or so ago...  Fish safe!

- The Gut is  90% iced over below the drawbridge, open above the bridge. Coming back we did see 2 guys coming off the lower Gut ,  a ways off Rt. 2 by Cozy Cove. Not sure where they found parking, though.
-  Carry Bay is also newly iced. About a dozen anglers in the shallow cove by the winterized trailers (where they parked)   fishing out from the small red cabins.
-  Dillenback Bay had about 200 yds. open water at the boat launch. Just up Rt. 2 , the cove by the dry docks/trailers was iced over.
-  Surprisingly, the lake off Lakeshore Rd. in Alburgh was iced all the way across. The west side of Grand Isle is open/whitecaps.
- The causeway to Isle la Motte was open on both sides.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Upper Islands Report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2017, 06:13 PM »
thanks for the report im headed up tomorrow....NOT

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Upper Islands Report
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Went to carry bay and there was 12" of ice locked up to the shore. Perch bite was really good until 11, but didn't get a single flag on tip-ups. On the drive home I saw that the gut was completely froze over and even saw some guy on his 4-wheeler out on the lower part. Guessing its the guy who lives on the shore. I stopped off a Keller's bay and there was 2" of black ice. If the weather was going to stay like this for a few more days that would be fishable. The sandbar is also locked up, but the ice looks pretty sketchy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.