Author Topic: 13 Fishing  (Read 4540 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: 13 Fishing
« Reply #30 on: Dec 29, 2012, 12:02 PM »
Guys from Tampa FL laughing all the way to the bank because they found a nitch in the market....ha ha suckers!!!! bet they know every thing about icefishing down there!!!!
We are all laughing at you because you don't/won't put your location on your profile!! No one said you had to buy their products!! :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 29, 2012, 12:02 PM »
And its called TIGHT LINING not straight lining ..... Who made that up??? The ice fishers from Tampa... LOLZ 

Offline Hard stuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 29, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Im from SW Ohio where we get to ice fish 1 month out of the year ....

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 29, 2012, 12:09 PM »
Im from SW Ohio where we get to ice fish 1 month out of the year ....
Same with me!! Hope you get that month!!! Don't plan on it unless you plan on heading north!!! Oh, and put that location on your profile!!!! Thanks in advance!!! :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 29, 2012, 12:24 PM »
I bought a regular Black Betty reel due to lack of time to machine my own. It is not a bad reel for the money. It hangs down to far (reel stem too long) IMO and the spool is not optimally designed. They left too much space on the spool  for line especially since most guys will put on a max of 110yds of 2-4 lb line.(I have 55yds of 2lb fluro on mine) The spool could have easily been made bigger in diameter to increase the retreive rate and make the line coil size even larger thus helping to prevent memory. The drag knob is also too loose on the bolt. A good start but there are can be some improvements made IMO.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Dec 29, 2012, 01:50 PM »
Guys from Tampa FL laughing all the way to the bank because they found a nitch in the market....ha ha suckers!!!! bet they know every thing about icefishing down there!!!!

you might think a little different on that if you ever had one of their trigger rods or spinning in your little paws , i have and they are quite nice , and besides they build rods for one of the big chain stores to they may have some of your money already  ;D

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 29, 2012, 07:45 PM »

One of the guys is a former Berkley engineer guessing he spent alot of time on the ice during his tenure at Pure Fishing in Spirit Lake Iowa....One of the top panfish destinations in the country...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.