Author Topic: Shapell Jet Sled  (Read 5312 times)

rmbillettjr

Shapell Jet Sled
« on: Nov 19, 2003, 11:49 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has any imput about the Jet Sled.  I ran into a few guys last year that use them and they have nothing but good stuff to say about them.  I pulled a wooden box last year and I am not going to do that again this year.  

Offline Cooley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Shapell Jet Sled
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2003, 06:21 AM »
My wife got me a jet sled for x-mas last year,the thing
works great.But if you get the jet sled Jr. you can't
fit your power auger in it, its to small.
How many men does it take to open a beer,
None...it's open when she brings it! ! !

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2003, 08:52 AM »
For the past couple years I had a red K-Mart special sled I use to pull me stuff around and it was terrible. Last year I splurged and bought a jet sled......WELL WORTH THE MONEY. I love it. With my auger and all my gear (including a 30 pack, bait bucket, cooler and grill). The thing is awesome. The best thing about it is, it has high sides and it's wide. You can pull it over snow banks and it won't tip. It also doubles as a bed (The Goatboys can vouch for me on this one, I actually fell asleep in mine one morning...they called it the JET BED.)
I also saw that there are a lot of extras you can buy for it like a contraption to hook it up to a quad, ski mobile. Also theres a cover and the thing actually turns into a wind blocker with the seat attchment when the sled is stood on end.
Check this website for the attachments.......

http://www.fish307.com/fish/ShappellJetSleds.htm#SHAPPELL%20ICE%20FISHING%20SLEDS
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2003, 09:11 PM »
I have a Jet sled, it works great, but there are different brands that work good too. Last year I saw a lot of those plastic concrete mixing tubs that you get at Home depot with a tow rope attached out on the ice, and it looked like they worked good also

rmbillettjr

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2003, 08:45 AM »
Do you have any problems with your bait bucket falling over in the sled?  That is a sure way to mess up a fishing trip.

Offline Cooley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2003, 08:52 AM »
Check out Mugz post two up from this one he talks about it.I've never had any problems tipping over......
Or stuff falling out.
How many men does it take to open a beer,
None...it's open when she brings it! ! !

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2003, 08:57 AM »
Tipping bait bucket, frozen minnows. Problem solved with a water cooler :'(
http://64.33.43.156/forums/Equipment_Tips/posts/4.html

Do you have any problems with your bait bucket falling over in the sled?  That is a sure way to mess up a fishing trip.
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2003, 09:08 AM »
LOL...I've been using a cooler too. You can get the rectangler ones at Walmart for $9. I just got a new one this year, because someone snapped the handle for me last season.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2003, 10:30 AM »
I think I'll be going with the cooler as a bait bucket idea this year as well.......GOOD IDEA!! The beer will make as good obstacles they can hide around. Kinda like "cover" for the bait....HAHAHA
I did buy a good bait bucket last year though.
The Jet Sled/bed is a good buy though, I highly recomend it.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline crappie_attitude

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta' have more cowbell
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2003, 04:38 PM »
Whatever you do, don't get the Jet Sled Jr.....spring for the larger model.  Got a Jr. a few years back and as my equipment inventory grew, I ended up carrying a lot of stuff over my shoulder.

camo_fish

« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2003, 05:02 PM »
Same here, got a Jr. three years ago and this year I got the reg. jet sled. Cabelas has a great deal, You get the sled, cover, and hitch mounts for 60 bucks. makes an excellent xmas gift, got to love when people get you what you pick out. And you know what your getting before xmas get there.

Flea_Dog

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2003, 01:36 AM »
Got a Shapell sled last year and love it. Fits all my junk and does not tip easily. For bait, I use a square plastic cooler also. I got it from Dicks for about $9. Only had it spill once. Hadn't left the car yet. The dog was a little to excited that day.

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2003, 06:41 AM »
I have a jet sled as well, can't believe that i ever fished without one before, deadly! I'm new to the site and I must admit I never dreamed of such a great site!

Cheers.
Tight lines!

HoagieAB

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2003, 10:24 AM »
I agree with Nuke.....amazingly (he's my fishin partner).  We got the Jet Sled last year and it has made all the difference when out on the ice.  Holds a ton of stuff and is easy to pull.

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2003, 11:10 PM »
I picked up a Jet Sled and wanted to attach a seat. However, the new Jet Sled that I have doesn't allow for the seat. What I plan on doing is bolting 2  2 x 4's(one to a side) and then attach a seat across and screwed down to the 2x4. Anyone forsee any problems? I'm not a lightweight.
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.