Author Topic: seaguar line  (Read 1280 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
seaguar line
« on: Feb 28, 2005, 08:14 PM »
wally world has there ice fishing gear practcally free.how good is the seaguar ice fishing line?got it marked 2 bucks a roll.regularly 6.97.I usually use berkley micro ice is this stuff worth the money?should i buy them out and resell on ebay,lol.picked up a mora md-8 hand auger for 15 BUCKS!!!Need to know if its worth switching line at this price,these prices it wont last long!!!

stump

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: seaguar line
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2005, 08:20 PM »
Stump,
  I believe the seaguar flourocarbon is the best leader material made bar none.....this past week while perch fishing with minnows I landed 3 pickeral 18-21 inches, two 22 inch northerns, and one northern that went 27 inches all on 4 lb. seaguar flourocarbon.....no bite offs yet this year and I've landed numerous toothy critters on it.  Plus it's really supple and I believe it has better knot strength than the berkely vanish....just my opionion though
-IceGeek

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:52 AM »
The seagaur is the good stuff! way better than the Berkley!
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2005, 11:14 AM »
Been seeing alot of guys use this seagar for pike leaders, What LB do you use, only saw 20lb. Don't want to loose any big boys??
Do they have that on sale??? will make the trip.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2005, 12:36 PM »
slip-bob,
   I've wanted to try the p-line...after my seaguar runs out I may give it a shot. 
-IceGeek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.