Author Topic: New Navionics Features  (Read 1760 times)

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
New Navionics Features
« on: Jul 05, 2019, 08:09 AM »
Probably most of you won't see this post for a couple of months yet, but if I don't post it now I'll forget to do it later when the board becomes active again.  CRS, don't cha know.   :o

I just got an email today from Navionics that told me about a new features they added to my Boating HD phone app.  It works for both Apple & android phones.  There is a catch - you MUST have a paid subscription to the Boating HD app to use the features.  The annual subscription is $15 and worth every penny.  Here's is a link that explains the new features; check it out.  New GPX Import/Export

I tested it out on Matt already and just waiting for his response.

I hope all y'all are staying busy and having fun in this 'off' season.   ;)  I am.

I'm heading to the Gorge on Sunday and will be there for a week with some friends from Texas.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Navionics Features
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Sharing allowsText Message along with all the other communication media on your phone. Two methods, Export GPX or Share. Export GPX can put the marker, track or route on your chart plotter device if its bluetooth or WiFi linked to your phone. Share sends out to selected contact by chosen media, email, messages, face book, Twitter, what ever is on your phone. Very quick, very effective. I shared markers and tracks to Bird Lakemaster via FishSmart, Garmin via Active Captian. My android to iOS iPhone both ways. Although will not translate on Garmin Basecamp to my Garmin hand helds with lake map chips which seems odd as Garmin now owns Navionics. Cool feature.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2019, 10:10 AM »
only took them 7 years wow! This would have been so nice to have back when i used to pay for navionics

Catchin' Fish

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2019, 09:41 PM »
Matzilla,  what GPS unit are you using to share your lake map Waypoints, tracks & routes while on the lake. I have a Garmin & Humminbird, neither have that capability.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2019, 11:02 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to back at you Bob. Just got back in town yesterday from the long holiday weekend camping with no cell service up in Idaho. Man was it a blast. Looks like your getting some great time on the water. When I open the text you sent me with the link all it does is open my boating app and show me the view. It asks me if I want to import or cancel. I clicked on import but it doesn't show any waypoints or anything. I am paying for the app and just got it this last winter for the gorge.  I will say there's alot more depth markings there finally but they're way off. All im running on my boat is my old eagle 642igps atleast until it dies then I'll be building some maps for sure
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2019, 06:44 AM »
You may have to update to the latest version of your phone app to use the new features.  We're at the Gorge this week.
 Started slow yesterday with only 6 kokanee for 4 of us.  Hoping for better today .
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.