Author Topic: Gulp Waxies  (Read 1304 times)

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gulp Waxies
« on: Apr 08, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Most places I have bought real wax worms this year have been pretty poor quality.  I was thinking about getting Gulp Waxies and trying them instead of real ones.  Do those of you that use Gulp Waxies like them as much as real ones or am I better off sorting through the real ones to find a few decent packs.  I am thinking Gulp will last longer on a hook than the real ones.  Some of the places I have been fishing they perch and walleye only bite on waxies so I need a decent option for the next couple weeks. 

thanks

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Gulp Waxies
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2018, 11:33 AM »
as far as what to use, i quit using wax worms years ago and only use spikes or plastics or both. too easy to fall off and get pulled off by the fish and too hard to keep them alive compared to spikes. and they flatten out too fast when they are working.

try our sponsor first if you need a better bait supplier.
http://www.knutsonlivebait.com/

knutsons sells to a lot of retailers and distributors as well as walk-ins or on-line. great store and people and prices. They also hold one if not the biggest tournament in the area with top prize being 21000$ every year.   http://www.midwestopentournament.com/

i had a bad batch of red spikes (1000 ct) and they replaced the entire tub in the mail, for free, not just half of the tub.

Offline nitram

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2018, 08:57 AM »
Plastics work.

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2018, 09:28 AM »
I have had a lot of luck in the past with powerbait honey worms. For some reason, they were less effective this year than in years past so I went back to live waxies. A friend of mine swears by the gulp waxies, but I am not a fan of the mess.
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:51 AM »
the gulp waxies that have the powerbait juice are good around here for perch if you put a few of them on a teardrop jig, but personally i only fish with them so i dont waste all of my walleye and northern bait on perch ;D
~Good Luck~

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.