Author Topic: Zercom flasher yay or nay?  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
Zercom flasher yay or nay?
« on: Mar 24, 2018, 09:11 AM »
Looking at a boat that has a zercom flasher on it, and was wondering what people think about them for ice fishing/open water on the boat. Also, is there anywhere you can get an ice ducer Or parts?
Thanks
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Zercom flasher yay or nay?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2018, 05:22 PM »
what model I have a new zercom ice ducer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2018, 07:31 PM »
what model I have a new zercom ice ducer

No clue. Going to look at it tomorrow am
Looks like that

"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Clearwater classic. Still works surprisingly

-Johnny Cash

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2018, 01:35 PM »
got your pm can you pull off your transducer cable and post a close up of your connection area in the meantime I'll look around I may have a manual

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Here's the plug and input on the unit

-Johnny Cash

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:29 AM »
isn't that the power cord. Anyway I found the manual but it doesn't show any good pics. Mine can be seen on radar sonics web page it is the 240 version. I think something might have to be added to work on the Clearwater classic. I also found a nice zercom acc. page. I did read on the web about people hooking up a vex ducer on these. It might be worth a call to Fish- Lectronics (763) 571-1277  The transducer lead seems to be the issue to get around.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2018, 05:10 PM »
That's the ducer, it's labeled with a t and p next to each on the back of the unit. So the 240 from radarsonics should work with this? Also, where did you read about hooking up a vex ice ducer? I would like to take a look at that. Thanks for your help.
-Johnny Cash

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2018, 11:01 AM »
I guess it's been a while since I had one I thought that was the power hook up. I'm sending you a pm with some news. My 240 has a different plug in option I think it is for the color point maybe and or the LX-1,LX-2 ,and LX-3 and possibly the first VX models from Marcum.

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2018, 12:29 PM »
 i believe it was Hummingbird that bought out Zercom way back when. I think for a time you could use their tranducers but not sure if that still applies.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.