Author Topic: Muck arctic pro on / off very difficult  (Read 1832 times)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
Muck arctic pro on / off very difficult
« on: Nov 23, 2016, 02:52 PM »
just got my size 12 Arctic
Muck Pros. They seem to fit nice with wool sock. Not too tight, nor a lot of room, just right. But getting them off...wicked tough. I need help doing it. Will it get easier or try next size up?  Trying to get a less bulky boot than my Baffin Titans, so I tried these, so I hope to stick with 12, but I don't want to ruin them forcing them off each time I try to get them off.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Muck arctic pro on / off very difficult
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2016, 03:15 PM »
I have the same problem with my big fat feet.... size 14....  I made 3 sets of basic boot jacks..One goes in my truck one by my work bench and one i have in my camping gear so I don't have to ask for help.. ;D   But than again Im old and cant bend much anymore...      @)   ::)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2016, 06:54 PM »

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2016, 09:18 PM »
Man for once my size 8.5 feet come in handy. I got size 9 Mucks and my feet slide in and out easy but they fit good.

Like someone above mentioned the boot remover thing, I used to have to use those with some of my work boots and they do help.

J-

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2016, 09:28 PM »
just got my size 12 Arctic
Muck Pros. They seem to fit nice with wool sock. Not too tight, nor a lot of room, just right. But getting them off...wicked tough. I need help doing it. Will it get easier or try next size up?  Trying to get a less bulky boot than my Baffin Titans, so I tried these, so I hope to stick with 12, but I don't want to ruin them forcing them off each time I try to get them off.

Your feet sweat like mine. Don't wear a big sock in them just a normal wicking sock is more than enough I quit the big socks in my mucks last year.

"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2016, 04:16 AM »
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2016, 04:37 AM »
I wear a size 14 Arctic pro with a lightweight sock liner and a heavyweight 85% merino wool sock. I tuck my extreme cold military surplus pants, long johns, and jeans into them no problem and they remove with no problem either. I just sit down and use my hands...havent had any issues as of yet.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2016, 11:02 AM »
Well I went and exchanged the 12 for 13. Came off much easier and didn't feel big after trying on a pair at Dicks. A little wiggle room, but I've heard that an air "pocket" and not too tight is recommended.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Well I went and exchanged the 12 for 13. Came off much easier and didn't feel big after trying on a pair at Dicks. A little wiggle room, but I've heard that an air "pocket" and not too tight is recommended.

I would recommend a  size larger in mucks  or pull on boots in general..i like a thick sock  ..Muck use to make 1/2 sizes ..but not any more ...I wear a 10 in a hiking/work boot ...so thats what I got in my Artic sports ...after two years of wear wish I had gotten a size larger... love the boot though has served me well
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2016, 08:11 PM »
My buddy has the muck sports and loves them.  I hope I'm happy with arctic pros.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2016, 07:16 AM »
great boot, great fit, a little tight to get off, if you walk a lot nothing compares, if you don't buy titans, best to own both
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2016, 08:15 PM »
I agree, I got both.  Can't wait to test out the mucks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.