Author Topic: Pics of 2016 KS ICE fishing.  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pics of 2016 KS ICE fishing.
« on: Feb 14, 2016, 10:52 AM »

Offline eyecrosser65

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pics of 2016 KS ICE fishing.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:50 PM »
What lake were you fishing if I may ask, don't need a spot, nice catch of crappies; never got out on Kansas ice this year. Hit Nebraska a few times plus my annual trek to North Dakota.

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Perry lake.

Offline eyecrosser65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Thanks Flint; how long did the ice last there this year and how thick was it when you were on it?

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2016, 01:29 PM »
You know how the first hope for ice built up and then came the heat wave to ruin it. The second cold front came in and made four inches of good clear ice on the spot I fished. It was pretty much a two to three day deal this year. Last year there was a couple weeks and the year before there was a month or so with ice over 12" even on the bigger lakes. The area I fish has a tall south bank and is pretty much blocked from the sun all winter. It also has a creek channel with brush.   

Offline eyecrosser65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2016, 12:50 AM »
Thanks for the info Flint, have never fished Perry before but have followed it through the years as a great destination for Crappie, maybe soon. Never made it on the ice this year in Kansas, didn't think it was safe around here and was in North Dakota during that cold spell in Kansas. I may have to hit it one of these years or maybe during the spawn but no nothing about Perry. So maybe just drive down with a map in hand and wing it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.