Author Topic: Tomorrows bite?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tomorrows bite?
« on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:36 PM »
Anyone getting out tomorrow? Might be my last trip. Kinda wanna break put long rods for trout but cant pass up another chance to walk on water after a crazy work week.
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tomorrows bite?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2019, 04:27 AM »
Wish I could get on the ice today. Looks like a near perfect late ice chance. I'll be watching the sunrise from my desk.

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2019, 05:19 AM »
I'll be getting out after work, just don't know what lake lol

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2019, 08:24 AM »
I'll be on the ice this weekend. Hopefully the rain doesnt start until later tomorrow night. OTher than that, looks like its going to be a bibs and sweatshirt kind of day.
Limit your kill - Don't kill your limit!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Other then the winds they are calling for . Sunday my weather app says 40mph winds and now the rain is supposed to start in the AM and be freezing rain first thing

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:10 AM »
With it being freezing rain will that hurt the ice much?

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:20 AM »
Won't be freezing rain for long I'm sure .... To me rain is rain on ice , I would imagine it's not going to help things . Nor - make tracking very good

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:00 PM »
Bite was non existant today. Found 7 inches of ice. No longjohns or gloves needed. Beautiful day. Fish would have been bonus.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Beautiful day, glad you made it out.  We all know just because you didn't get a pile that it wasn't good for your soul.  I get giddy like a 10 year old on Christmas morning everytime I get ready to go!!!  Soo many days and great memories of being in the outdoors!

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Beautiful day, glad you made it out.  We all know just because you didn't get a pile that it wasn't good for your soul.  I get giddy like a 10 year old on Christmas morning everytime I get ready to go!!!  Soo many days and great memories of being in the outdoors!
So true. Needed to center my chi. Didnt get wet. Walked on water. Saw an eagle. Drank some beer. Cant complain.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Sounds like a good day to me!!!

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Better than my last two days! A guy I work with had an emergency directional bore to do, bout 440' of 4" pipe. Finally got it pulled in about 6:00 this evening. Worst part was Crooked Lake was right in front of our worksite. I will say the ice looked pretty good out there. May try tomorrow but rain and big wind in the forecast! Sunday I heard 55 gusts, that's just Fn nuts! Later Hex

Offline driftboat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:00 PM »
I'm going out on that lake tomorrow morning. My spud bar will come along regardless but did the edges of the lake seem fine? I wonder if you put a dead stick up shallow as almost all my fish there this year have come 6 ft or less believe it or not. Probably my last trip ice fishing and then on to steelhead fishing and some river walleye.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:03 PM »
I think we'll be on ice after this rain event.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:15 PM »
Probably my last trip was today.  Wife and I went out this am and got a few.  Great day to be out.  Talked to a couple of buddies that were out at the State park and they barely got on and were not doing to good.  So I took off to Huntington Res. to a pond I hadn't been to for a while.  It was a good choice.  It was a hot bite the whole 3 hrs. I was there.  Just wished my wife could have been with me, she would have enjoyed herself.  Good way to end the season.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 23, 2019, 05:47 AM »
I'm going out on that lake tomorrow morning. My spud bar will come along regardless but did the edges of the lake seem fine? I wonder if you put a dead stick up shallow as almost all my fish there this year have come 6 ft or less believe it or not. Probably my last trip ice fishing and then on to steelhead fishing and some river walleye.
Edges were fine when I went...by main trail. Under trees open. Not many caught Friday by anyone. Not even one for me one the deadstick.
I'm also onto flyfishing trout and centerpin steelhead. Hit me up sometime for soft water

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2019, 07:06 AM »
looks like a great day regardless! 

I see I mite need to mark my pvc steelie slammers?  I figured they were just rod holders not tip ups. 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 23, 2019, 08:29 AM »
looks like a great day regardless! 

I see I mite need to mark my pvc steelie slammers?  I figured they were just rod holders not tip ups.
I didnt want any excuse to get hassled so did for all my auto fisherman's

Offline driftboat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 24, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Edges were fine when I went...by main trail. Under trees open. Not many caught Friday by anyone. Not even one for me one the deadstick.
I'm also onto flyfishing trout and centerpin steelhead. Hit me up sometime for soft water
Went Saturday. Ice was really good. Very light bites. Ended up going 2/4. What waters do you like to pin? I mainly go Joe or Mo.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 24, 2019, 11:57 AM »
Went Saturday. Ice was really good. Very light bites. Ended up going 2/4. What waters do you like to pin? I mainly go Joe or Mo.
I do a lot of Joe and trail

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.