Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: NW Iowa Ice  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Douglas14

• IceShanty Rookie
NW Iowa Ice
« on: Dec 21, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Looking for ice conditions on silver lake(by Ayrshire), 5 island lake,and  storm lake. Looking to get out with my dad after the new year. Thanks for any info

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NW Iowa Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2017, 09:26 AM »
Two big area's of open water on Silver, has only seen 1 brave soul out there. Cold isn't really coming until next week. Open areas and thin areas on all lakes up here, drove by multiple lakes yesterday.

Offline dcmod25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:12 AM »
silver has some good ice 4 to 5" in the spots i was on this last weekend. five island has good ice on the north end near the dredge. was 4" to 5" over a week ago already. there is also open water on both lakes but fishable ice if you take caution when going out

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Somebody put a permanent on Lost Island this afternoon. It was very funny to watch them too, no chains, no cleats got stuck right off the ramp. They somehow made it though. Someone fished near the area earlier and said it was only 6". Lots of open areas all over the lake, the shallow west side still has open water.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Somebody put a permanent on Lost Island this afternoon. It was very funny to watch them too, no chains, no cleats got stuck right off the ramp. They somehow made it though. Someone fished near the area earlier and said it was only 6". Lots of open areas all over the lake, the shallow west side still has open water.

They must have wanted "that" spot.  ;D
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline D0wnbyth3r1v3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:24 AM »
I seen that on Facebook... some people...

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2017, 11:25 AM »
They drove out to the permanent with a full size truck to move it too and stayed out there.  I fished Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and no ice over 8". The responses on Facebook many people believe driving is ok with 4" to 8". Still open areas too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.