Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630140 times)

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12300 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:38 AM »
Be Safe-Have Fun-Stay Warm or Cool, according to local conditions-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon
Congratulations Capt. Jim!! I love the sign-off at the end of your post also... seems to capture everything!!  What he said guys- have a great week all
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12301 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:47 AM »

Good morning ER"s,
                      It's 37* and clear here on my hill, the weather is so nice that the weather cat goes in and out all day. :woot:
                      Wally........Nice looking tackle box, good luck out there today! :flex:
                      Bud..........I'm glad you made it out to the launch, sounds like a nice bag of fish! :clap:
                      Eddie........Enjoy the new surroundings at work, put on some sun screen. :roflmao: We lost a lot of snow yesterday. :clap:
                      I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or out in the beautiful weather.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12302 on: Apr 23, 2018, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

WW Best of luck on the lake today. Hope you tie into a bunch of browns :thumbsup: That is a very nice looking tackle box. We have a similar box for bucktails and a different box for jerk baits and other musky goodies. My insurance agent told me to always keep updated pictures as you fill the box just in case you ever lose it or some thief runs off with them. He said it's one thing telling an adjuster your box had 100+ baits in it, and being able to show him a picture of the box with it's contents. I always followed his advice knowing how some adjusters work ???

Eddie best of luck to you and the crew as you take the show outdoors, glad the weather is on your side :thumbsup: Do the trout have to be a certain length to be legal?

We are supposed to reach 65 today. I am not sure if I am gong to spend the day indoors or head outside and hammer on some of my trees. Yesterday I chipped a bunch of apple and plum brush. I have my orchard fenced however I noticed the deer have been in there nipping all my buds off. I am guessing they missed some, but every tree looks tough. With the way the snow stacked up this winter I sure can't blame them trying to survive.

Hope you all have an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12303 on: Apr 23, 2018, 06:14 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a good day. Off to a doctor's appointment. I hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12304 on: Apr 23, 2018, 06:38 AM »
26* this morning. Looks like another nice day. WOW, that will be 3 in a row. The snow is gone in the yard but a lot of ice from the ice jam is still along the river. Lots of ducks on the river and have seen eagles going up an down looking for food.

WW, nice looking tackle box. Anything to keep those treble hooks in line on these cool mornings. Good Luck today.

Well, No 1st place this year. As a team we bowled as bad as we could. 4 bowlers X 3 games = 12 games. Only TWO of us hit our avg in one of those 12 games. I was not one of them....lol  The other team didn't do any better but, this is a BIG but, two of their bowlers didn't show up because of the BUG. They used their avg. so didn't get a chance to bowl bad. We lost two games by a total of 11 pins. This team had never won it before and they are always fun to bowl against, so CONGRATS.

Not much planned for the day, but I do know that the boat wants out, so may get that out this week...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12305 on: Apr 23, 2018, 09:43 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers looks like another nice day weather guessers calling for high in upper sixties.
Wallyworld nice looking tackle box good advice from WS about taking photos for insurance purposes. Have a good trip today guessing your car is running fine. A safe trip to MA. tomorrow all the best with grand daughters surgery and recovery.
Eddie happy the weather will be warmer and dry as you start outdoor work. Have fun watching your grandsons ball games. I choose to attend the lacrosse game I did thinking it would be a closer contest . It has been a difficult season some schools have played limited games do to poor field conditions after this past March's snow storms and early April rains.
IFF good to hear braces are helping with Carpel Tunnel , and bike ride left you feeling better. Enjoy your time off between jobs.
Ice Wanderer sounds like the weather cat is having a great time with the warmer weather. Best to your MIL whenever she makes her trip home to Vermont.
Whopper Stopper depending on size of your orchard electric fencing may help keep deer from the trees. A good sized herd can really damage a property with their feeding.
Icefisher-45 if you are getting the cortisone injections today may they have desired effect. I assume your still out on disability from work.
Hunts2long good sportsmanship with the bowling. Hope ice build up on river does not cause any flooding in your area.

Have a good and safe Monday folks. Best to those fishing.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #12306 on: Apr 23, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Good Evening, All

Chilly mornings, warming up to the high 50's with the sun out, supposed to get rain for Wednesday, when there is wind-you can feel the 'nip' in the air

#1 - Thank You to all for the kind words with the birth of my first grandchild, Nicholas - I'll have him fishing in short order - his mother & grandmother in Calif. say that he looks
     like his father, hopefully I will be out there in a few weeks to see for myself

The tile work I have been doing, for over a year now, is 'paying' dividends like crazy, people are calling on recommendations from past and/or present customers, being a one
     man operation means some people can't or won't wait for work to be done, at least I know that people really like the work I do, especially with the kitchen backsplashes,
     I like what I'm doing & people have said so after watching me work

I.W. - From that picture the other day, that is what, a healthy ft. of snow on the deck?

W.S. - Could have used you back in March with the last snow storm we had here, had a branch from a swamp pine snap and come down on the house, no structural damage
     but it came across the electric service on the side of the house, have to get the electrician and the power co. on the same page for a disconnect, so the pipe can be refastened
     to the house where it was pulled off, waiting for the weather to get a little better, because, the local bldg. dept. has to get into the act with inspection of the electrical work
     before reconnect will be given 'green light', and the local dept. here is not known for being efficient or on time with scheduled inspections, (whole bunch of bad words), the
     branch is now small pcs., it was 12 inches in diameter where it broke, had a bad knot at the break point that was rotted real bad, and of course homeowners didn't cover
     it all because of the deductible (more bad words), never a dull moment

Mason - you working outside yet? - How is Ryan doing?

Mrs. W.W. - Your granddaughter with the foot problems must be in constant pain, not good - nice looking tackle box

I.F.F. - Stiff joints when waking up can be a real pain first thing in the a.m.

45 - Have Fun at the Dr., here is to good results

D.F.F. - You never get to everyone, so I try to cover it all at the end

Be Safe-Have Fun-Stay Warm or Cool-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12307 on: Apr 24, 2018, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  34* and clear skies this am, mid 60's for a high today.

Capt.J...continued success with your tile work, quality work speaks for itself! Baby Ryan is doing great, thank you for asking. Yesterday was our first day outside again, sure fealt nice being in the fresh air and sunshine. Hope the time passes quickly to get your hands on your grandson, congrats again Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Steve...the weather sure has been less than ideal for sports this season. Did you and your sister decide on the hardwood floors?
  H2...sorry to read about the loss, very close! Better luck next year!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope the injections worked well for you!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...the deer had a tough winter this year, especially in your neck of the woods. No size limit for the trout on the streams I fish, but the ones I caught were small stocked fish.
  Jeff...should be losing some more snow today! Got my first sunburn of the season yesterday.... ;D
  Wally...hope you had a banner day with the browns yesterday! Safe travels to Mass and best wishes to your granddaughter!   :thumbsup:

Running behind again this morning....will check at break to see how everyone's doing...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12308 on: Apr 24, 2018, 04:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 40* and clear at this hour but the guessers say it is going to cloud up and rain is in the forecast for tomorrow!, that should help get rid
            of most of the snow. :clap:
                     Eddie.........I hope you used some sun screen and your not too sore from the sunburn. ::) My wife and MIL sat out in the sun yesterday and
            they got quite red. :o
                     H2L.......My condolence to you and your team on the loss. Maybe next year will have a better outcome! :flex:
                     Wally......I hope the Browns were hungry and you ended up with ended up with a lot of catches, I bet it was a nice day on the water. :thumbsup:
                     Capt.Jim....How long before you'll be able to see your grandson. ???
                     Today is our day to have my#2 sons kids, I will be picking them up from playschool around 11 am, I hope it is still nice so we can be outside. :thumbsup:
                     I hope everyone has another enjoyable Tuesday either at work or OUTSIDE! :woot:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12309 on: Apr 24, 2018, 05:08 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Hope the weather holds for you Eddie and you can enjoy more outside air with sunshine. Don't forget to keep your phone handy and on camera mode, just in case the coats come off :thumbsup:

IW enjoy your time with the Grand Kids :thumbsup:

WW hope you had some luck with the browns, cant wait to hear your report.

Yesterday I split the day up and spent the afternoon outside sucking up some sun. I spent a couple hours trimming a cedar tree and working on a "Gone Wild" row of lilacs. This morning I have a bunch of brush to chip and then I am going to take care of a tree job for my optometrist.

Tonight we are going to take in a Pre-Planning Seminar at a local funeral home. I had read about it on line and when I suggested it both girls agreed we should go. One of those subjects no one wants to talk about it. Yesterday my wife came down with a bad cold so I am guessing tonight it will just be the s-i-l and myself.

Hope you all have an excellent Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay say no matter whats on the agenda!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12310 on: Apr 24, 2018, 05:40 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....not 100% sure on the car yet  :-\  drove about 150 miles & the check engine light came back on, the next day it went off again  ::)  time will tell I guess  :blink:  at least the oil leak appears fixed  :clap:

H2L....sorry to hear 1st place slipped away  :(  you'll get 'em next year  ;)2

Eddie....I will pass the well wishes along, thank you  :)  that sun was something yesterday, today looks the same  @)

IW.....have fun playing outside with the grandkids  :thumbsup:

IFF.....hope you have 3 weeks worth of fishing planned  ;D

WS.....hope MrsWS is feeling better soon  :)  no fun to get a cold just as the weather breaks  :'(  hope the pre-planning event tonight is helpful

Fishing wasn't too bad yesterday, ended up landing 4 browns 23" - 26 & 1/2"  lost one at the net (my bad  :( )  beautiful day to be out for sure  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12311 on: Apr 24, 2018, 06:03 AM »
29* this morning and it looks like another nice day.

Thanks everyone. Next year, "you never know"

Spent part of yesterday mixing cat litter with old paint so I can take it to the land fill. This morning going down to daughter's to cut some brush.

WW, another good trip to the lake is in the books. Nice browns.

The ice has been gone in the river; only ice left is what was pushed up onto the river bank back in the Feb. ice jam. I don't think it will go until we get some rain and the river comes up. It still has about 9 feet to go. Snow in the woods is going very slow this spring.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #12312 on: Apr 24, 2018, 06:40 AM »
I.W. - Have to finish this job I am at right now, and phase #2 on another one, then I can 'create' a week to go to San Diego, maybe mid. to late May, unless the kids decide to
     come this way after he gets done with his trip this go-round
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12313 on: Apr 24, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Got a wake up call, yesterday, wanting me to join him to fish for a while, got there at 9:00, needed to get my boat covered, for the white stuff that is falling out of the ski this morning.  Needless to say it was a short outing, His 150 Merc's alarm went off, and found that it was over heating.  So we loaded his boat up so he could get it into a shop, and get it fixed.  Was told, maybe they could get at in in a couple weeks.

WW Way to go on the browns  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: See I have some 70's coming my way in the 10 day forecast, so hope to get out and do some catching as well.

Got hit up to do another shift on what should be my last day (26th)  Guess the full time guy wants that evening off.  For some reason the more I try to work off the stiffness the worse it gets.  The way its been going, can't help but feel like I just turned 97.

Well off to work on it, and I get back to feeling like my old self.

Take care all.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12314 on: Apr 24, 2018, 07:46 AM »
Good morning everyone, mid forties outside at this time 64 is the forecasted high with rain moving in tonight and going through Wednesday.
Capt.Jim nice to read you are getting new jobs from recommendations of previous clients. Sorry to hear about damage to electrical service line glad there was no structural damage to your house.
Eddie still undecided about floors, have hit a new bump in road in getting house onto retail market . The real estate agent  we Had contacted this past Fall is not replying to my emails or phone messages. Assume she has lost interest because of length of time getting the house ready for market.
Ice Wanderer have fun with the grandchildren may weather allow you to get outside.
Whopper Stopper think you will find the pre-planning event interesting, assume this is legal in MN. if you desire is to be cremated after your death renting a casket for viewing and funeral service will save you money. My father worked part time at a local funeral home after he retired how I found out about casket rental.
Wallyworld congratulations to Mr.WW and you on the brown trout. May you have a problem free trip to Ma.
Hunts2long happy to read ice is on river banks and not in the river. A lot less chance of flooding due to ice dam.
IFF may problem with friend's boat motor be a minor issue and not costly repair .

A good day to everyone.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12315 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:49 AM »
ww  Those are a couple of nice browns. A guy on anther site said he got the stripped kitty on Lake Michigan the  other day, thinking that it was to bright with the sun. In the spring the browns on the big lake hang around the 1st and 2nd sand bars so it pretty shallow.

WS The farmers around here high fence their cherry and apple orchards to keep the deer out. It takes 10 foot high to do he job. I said to a farmer friend why only a 4 foot high fence around a new orchard. He said it was not to keep the deer out of it, It was to keep snowmobilers from running over the new trees. The orchard is right next to a state trail.

When I got divorced from my first wife she let the yard go wild. The lilacs actually made the clothes line unusable.

Capt jim. Like I have said before word of mouth about good work pays off way more than paid advertising. I know what you mean about some inspectors. A former employer became building inspector. I stopped to talk to some out of town guys building a pole barn garage. They asked me why the inspector had not showed up as they wanted to fill the post holes. They said a car stopped and sat in his car for a few minutes then left with out getting out. They described the car. I told them to go ahead and fill the holes as that was their inspection.

I made the trip over to the auction house to list a bunch of stuff. When we pulled in I parked behind the biggest butt crack I have ever seen. He would have made a great picture for one of the Walmart picture threads. He kept pulling up his pants but they went back down the minute he bent over.  The guy was bent over trying to get a trailer hitch out of the receiver. I had to get a hammer and go help him as he had no idea what he was doing.

The auction house sells a lot of stuff. They have almost 2500 listings this week. I do not know how they keep it all straight other than he has a great crew. The owner waited on me yesterday and called me by my buyer/seller name, same as on here, when I walked in the door. He asked my why I was not hunting turkeys as it was opening day. He got a good laugh when I told him that these early hunt guys can have the easy turkeys.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12316 on: Apr 25, 2018, 04:43 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 45* and raining lightly with rain for the day.
                      Eddie.........You had two good days outside so what happens today? ???
                      Wally..........Beautif ul looking fish. :flex:
                      Bud........Enjoy the time between jobs. ::) Sometimes the body says to stop. lol :roflmao:
                      Marv.......You hit a subject that no one like to think about but proper planning helps the survivors in the long run, good for you for going. :clap:
                      Yesterday with my grand kids went great we were outside for 90% of the time, it was such a beautiful day and they liked it. One of the most
              intriguing things to them was the water coming out of my sump pump, they thought it was funny. Then a pair of Robins showed up and were searching
              for something to eat on a patch of grass that appeared on Monday. ::)
                      I hope everyone has a good Hump Day either at work or out!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12317 on: Apr 25, 2018, 05:16 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

37 heading into the 50's later today with calm winds :clap:

WW What beautiful fish, congratulations :thumbsup: That has to get the fever going.

IW sounds like an excellent day with the Grand Kids :thumbsup:

Yesterdays I finished the lilac trimming. All went well other than it took most of the day. I had 12 wheel barrow loads of needles and leaves by the time I got them cleaned out, along with a bunch of brush I chipped. They are along the street and they seem to catch anything and everything. By the time I finished they were cleaned out, reduced in height and circumference. I left some of the inner sucker growth to replace die off next year. Lots of swollen buds that look to pop in a couple of weeks.

I never thought about a before picture but I took this when I was finished.....

Today I have a tree job to take care of and then not sure.

Hope you all have an excellent Wednesday :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12318 on: Apr 25, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Good morning. 47 and rain.
The yard work at the daughter's went well. She bought the house last Oct. and it had not been lived in for a year or so. The lawn had been mowed but not a lot of raking. It looked like there are going to be a lot of plants coming up now that the yard is cleaned up. Will have to wait to see what they are. It got up to near 70 yesterday.

Not sure what is planned for today....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12319 on: Apr 25, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers, fifty and rain currently ground must have high water content seeing lots of earthworms on pavement. Guess I need to join modern world and look at my cell phone more often checking battery charge level last night and see I have 3 voice mail messages two were from real estate agent calling her later this morning.
Wallyworld hope you arrived in MA. problem free.
Tom Turkey may items you have in auction bring good price. All the best this Spring turkey hunting season.
Ice Wanderer glad the weather let you get outside with grandchildren.
Whopper Stopper how is you wife feeling may she get over her cold quickly and not spread it to you. Did you learn anything interesting at funeral pre-planning event? If your Sil is single she may want to add your wife's name to her property deed to avoid probate process after her death. Also make any bank accounts jointly held so surviving relatives will have access to money which maybe needed to pay medical and other bills.Nice work with the lilacs .
Hunts2long daughter's house must look great after your yard work
Eddie guessing you were pressed for time this morning  or computer gremlins paid a visit.

A good "Hump Day" to all. Best to everyone fishing.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12320 on: Apr 25, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Good evening everyone, going for my last injection on Friday. Injections have to work. I need to get back to work. I hope everyone had a good day and had tight lines.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12321 on: Apr 26, 2018, 03:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  48* with wind and light rain falling this am, high of 52 here today...chance of showers throughout the day.

Jeff...glad you had a nice time with the grandchildren! Imagine that sump pump will be running pretty good for awhile with this recent rain and all that snow melt going on. We set up tents yesterday to work under and got the day in on marble. Wasn't too bad, but there wasn't any wind to speak of....might be a different story today.   ;D
  Marv..hope your wife is feeling better today.  :thumbsup:  How did your consultation go at the funeral home...that's something the wife and I should also look into. Very nice job on the lilac trees! Hope yesterday's tree job went well...best of luck if fishing is on the agenda today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...thanks for sharing the pictures, another good trip and some beautiful Browns!   :clap:  Hope your granddaughters surgery went well yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  I-45...best wishes to you with the injections, we'll be pulling for you!   :thumbsup:
  H2...from the looks of the streams on my way home yesterday, I'd imagine the river up there must be moving pretty good today. Any snow left?
  Steve...funny you mentioned that about the earthworms...the city streets, sidewalks and parking lots were literally covered with them yesterday walking into work. Hope things went well with the real estate agent yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..X2 on Jeff's reply, hope you can dial in on some of those walleyes!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...good luck with all your items selling at the auction!  :thumbsup:  We see a lot of butt cracks in my line of work, whether we want to or not, lol. Nowadays when it presents itself, someone will see it and point saying " he's having a Duluth moment! ".   :woot: :roflmao:

Added four new members to our crew yesterday, think a few more coming next week as well. Quite a few size able projects on the list this season, sounds like we'll be splitting up the crews. Not sure if that's good or bad at this point in time. Seems like everytime we get things moving in the right direction, we get split up, lol, so it goes!
  Well the cawfee's on gang, looks like some cinnamon buns under the dome....help yourself!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12322 on: Apr 26, 2018, 04:16 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It is 48* also here on my hill, we had an inch of rain yesterday and today will be cloudy with showers the guessers say. ::)
                              Marv.........Nice job on the Lilacs, I ordered some from the Audubon Society but they never came, I'll have to go find some
                    wild ones and try digging some up.. I hope Jo is feeling better today! :flex:
                              Steve.........I hope things were in a positive way with the realtor.  :thumbsup:
                              H2L...........There is still some snow up in the woods so the river must be moving at a pretty good clip. ::)
                              Wally.......I hope the granddaughters surgery went well. :flex:
                              Another therapy appointment today at the "VA". Yesterday I finally got a call from them to schedule my surgery on my hand,
                    the blood work is on the 22nd of May and surgery is June 6. A lot farther out than I would like but I can't be choosy.
                              I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out doing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12323 on: Apr 26, 2018, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW ! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

45 heading to 55 today with the winds blowing fairly strong out of the west

Eddie hope the new members to the crew are good ones excited to dig right in :whistle: Are they experienced or will they be susceptible to a few welcome pranks ???  The  consultation was pretty interesting the other night. A lot of it was a check list of things that makes it a lot easier to get done while still living, without the burden put on loved ones. There were about 25 people at the meeting and the home even served juice and cookies.

IW Good luck to you today at the VA. The wife really got nailed with some wicked crud. She missed Monday and Tuesday with a bad cough, head cold, and 102 fever. Yesterday she had to go in and had rough day at work. They are doing some project that has a deadline so she can't take anymore time. The picture of the lilacs
would have been a lot better if I would have thought to take a before shot. It certainly made things look different.

I-45 best of luck to you with the injections :thumbsup:

Today I am heading to Fleet Farm to get some Mole traps. Yesterday when I wrapped up my job there was a pickup  parked on the street that had mole and gopher exterminator on the door. I had a good chat with him and he followed me home. The moles have been having a hay day in the yard the last couple of years and I have not been able to spend the time trapping them. He said for a yard the size of ours he would charge $350 which would entail 15-18 traps concentrating on 4 active areas. He said he checks traps twice a week and the cost would be for 5 weeks of service. We talked for awhile and he said if I was willing to buy some traps, he would give me a quick lesson in mole 101. He showed me which trap to get and time will tell.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/victor-out-o-sight-mole-trap/0000000005904?gclid=CjwKCAjwzoDXBRBbEiwAGZRIeGBea9fkQaWRfHHkU67DppLLjDNuRVesQkAczWz0Wjk6ZGwOO7XX8RoCP9UQAvD_BwE

I am off to the bus with the wife, she still has a 100 temp but says she has to go.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12324 on: Apr 26, 2018, 06:12 AM »
47 degrees this morning. Yesterday I put the changer on the boat battery. May pull it out of the garage this weekend.

Lake has come up about 2 feet in the last 2 days. That is a lot of water when you think about how large this lake it. (27000 acres) This morning lots of chunks of ice and enough wood to build a couple house's. I am sure there is going to be a ton of junk around for a few weeks. If the ice isn't gone on the lake, it will be in the next day or two.

Mr. clean, yes the yard looked nice. I am sure there are a lot of plants that will come up with the nice weather. I told her to wait and see before getting more.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12325 on: Apr 26, 2018, 07:03 AM »
Eddie  The catcher on the Little League team I helped coach always had a butt crack. Sadly I did not know any one that had a picture of it down the road. he was in my sons graduating class and went on to West Point, becoming a doctor. When he was scheduled to go to  Afghanistan I bought a butt crack t-shirt in a bucket to cover that butt  when he was over there. I actually had to buy a second one in beige to be more color perfect for the Army as the bucket did not come in that color. The class had a reunion just before he went over so my son presented  it to him there. I got a call from him that night which was great as I had not seen or talked to him since they graduated.

As far as Duluth butt crack t's are concerned they are over priced as the one I ended up with for my self wore out at the neck in a short time along with the pocket coming unsewn. They do keep the butt crack covered though.

We went over to the other place to pick up some old school underlayment nails from my cousin at his floor covering  shop. It was the first time in years that the two off us have had time to set in visit. He started installing carpet before he could even drive a car. He is now 61. His business has grown big time from his reputation of doing good work for a fair price.

On our trip over I saw few turkeys and none at all over where I normally hunt. Not looking good for my up coming hunt!!! I might have to do my old method of driving all over searching for a turkey on pubic land that I can set up on.

WS I had a mole or two show up last year that I need to figure out how to get rid of. I guess I need to buy one of those traps as I can not get them with the normal stab traps.

One of our reservoirs is still 5 or 6 foot below full pool as they are keeping it down to do work on the wall by the over flow as the frost heaved the wall out of place along the road. Hopefully the get the work done before the Memorial Day week end as it is one lane across that area with a stop light where they are working.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #12326 on: Apr 26, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Good Morning, Everyone

Bright sunshine, temps. supposed to get to the 60's, light breeze on & off, rain for tomorrow

Just got back from the final visit at the radiation center, 1 year checkup after getting zapped for the prostate cancer, the Dr. said 'All is Good, no more visits' - woohoo
     if my PSA comes down more with my next blood work for the urologist this coming Jan., than I am good to go

45 - hope the shots work

I.W. - good luck with the hand when all is said & done

Mason - good luck with the 'newbies', don't 'beat' them too bad

W.S. - good luck with the mole problem

got to go, just had a call from a customer with a right now problem

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12327 on: Apr 26, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Good morning everyone,  thank you for the well wishes. Hoping this all gets resolved soon. Wife was telling me the local pond was very high. People there said the fishing was good. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12328 on: Apr 27, 2018, 02:28 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 40* and cloudy here on my hill, the cat has been out and came back in already. :o
                         Capt.Jim.......That's good news, I hope you continue in that direction. :thumbsup:
                         Marv........Spring colds have to be the worst. give Jo my best.  ;D
                         Tom........The problem with shirts is; they use the same amount of material but shorten the length so that larger guys show the "butt crack".
               There is a store near hear called "Big and Tall" the lengths are longer so no crack! ::)
                         H2L........I've seen your lake so high that the water going over the Conklinville Dam that the water was 3 feet higher than the top of the
               spillway. :wacko:
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12329 on: Apr 27, 2018, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  40* here as well this am, high of 50 today with rain expected around noon.

Jeff...you're up and about early this am! Hope yesterday's therapy went well and wasn't the cause of it. Have you got much snow left around your house yet?
  I-45...good luck today at the doctors!   :thumbsup:
  Capt. Jim...CONGRATULATIONS Sir, that's wonderful news, so happy for you!!  :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Tom...this thread never ceases to amaze me, even " butt cracks " seem to have place and a good memory!   :roflmao: :clap:  Best of luck with the turkey hunting/scouting!   :thumbsup:
  H2..more rain in the forecast, shouldn't be long before the reservoir fills. Looking forward to your reports again!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...only 1 of the guys that started has been with us before, the other 3 are newbies. Never know what the pranksters will do, so far all clear!   ;D. Hope Jo is feeling better today...good luck on the search and destroy mission with the moles!   :thumbsup:

We had a pretty good day yesterday weather wise and working. Still trying to get down a system that we can all work with, the crew is semi-new so it will take some time. Looking forward to the end of the day, might get out on the lake Sunday with the Jon boat.  Cawfee's on...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.