Author Topic: LAKE ST. CLAIR  (Read 1516 times)

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
LAKE ST. CLAIR
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Took a trip Sunday to LSC.... SOLO! So late Saturday night my wife tells me how busy she is on Sunday... I offered to help out with anything I could. She appreciatively declined. So, I got up at 350, on the road by 430, on the ice after a bait stop by 8am. Must have been 250+ shanties on the bay. Pretty neat, everyone was friendly and you could hear a lot of younger kids hooting and hollering with excitement over what I assume were first catches or PB catches. Fishing was slow with a really light bite. However I will definitely shoot up there again in the future. A very enjoyable day trip with a bit of learning the area as well....  In reality its only an hr north of Toledo.... I believe Ill be there this spring for some world class smallie fishing.....

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE ST. CLAIR
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:39 AM »
We did that trip last year. I don't remember us having as good of a time as you.
Glad you enjoyed it!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:02 AM »
We did that trip last year. I don't remember us having as good of a time as you.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Sorry to hear that, Hope you give it another shot. I plan to do a trip as soon as it safe next year. As well as Erie, been missing out on that one with my work schedule.

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:36 AM »
I have not done that trip because I think my odds of winning the lotto are better than finding a school of nice perch.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Suppose to have a fantastic musky fishery as well. My son went last year and I think they got 6 in their boat.

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Suppose to have a fantastic musky fishery as well. My son went last year and I think they got 6 in their boat.

I believe the world record musky came out of there.

Bronzeback, sometimes a little change in scenery is nice and you might be surprised how easy it is to find perch in a large fishery. 

Offline ho-zee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:27 PM »
I believe the world record musky came out of there.

not even close....please look up information before you post false information....maybe and only maybe....because I don't keep up on line class records....there might be a line class record there.....but even most of those were caught by the lawtons and Len Hartman on the St Lawrence

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2019, 11:35 AM »
not even close....please look up information before you post false information....maybe and only maybe....because I don't keep up on line class records....there might be a line class record there.....but even most of those were caught by the lawtons and Len Hartman on the St Lawrence

Easy there hoe... I didn't say it was concrete info... I said I believe and yes I was wrong...saw a headline but didnt read it. So I did read it now and actually it was LSC catch and release record musky at 57 1/4". Either way great fish and the last thing I was trying to do was get someone's panties bunched up.

Offline ho-zee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Easy there hoe... I didn't say it was concrete info... I said I believe and yes I was wrong...saw a headline but didnt read it. So I did read it now and actually it was LSC catch and release record musky at 57 1/4". Either way great fish and the last thing I was trying to do was get someone's panties bunched up.
I completely apologize....had a bad day and don't know what the hell is was thinking when I post that comment...sorry again...

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2019, 01:09 PM »
Reason prevails....getting tired of listening to some of those women bickering on FB.  We gave common interests and should be able to get along.  Even on a divisive issue like the "the great muskie"!

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I completely apologize....had a bad day and don't know what the hell is was thinking when I post that comment...sorry again...

No problem my fellow fisherman...

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2019, 02:56 PM »
Reason prevails....getting tired of listening to some of those women bickering on FB.  We gave common interests and should be able to get along.  Even on a divisive issue like the "the great muskie"!

;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.