Author Topic: Lake of the Woods question  (Read 2244 times)

The Wad

Lake of the Woods question
« on: Nov 13, 2003, 11:21 PM »
Anyone ever stay at Zippel Bay resort on LOTW? we reserved a 3 day trip in a sleeper shack in mid-January, hoping to get into some big walleyes and northerns.

missfishylicious

Re:Lake of the Woods question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2003, 09:22 AM »
nope  ;D

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2003, 09:54 PM »
Wad, My son and I have stayed at Zippel the last two years and we have reserved this year for the first week they put out the sleepers, hopefully by the second week in december. I think you will have a good time there, the lady owners are nice, the accomadations are good although we have never been in any of their sleepers, (this is the first year). However til now we have not caught any 'big ones'. we see them everyday in the fishouse, 8 lb. eyes, 16 lb. pike, huge perch at times, and really big sauger. We just don't have the knowledge / skills maybe that the regulars have, I think. But then again i guess that's what fishing is about, learning the skills. Advice would be listen to qualified people if you can. scan the minnesota message board. pick up any small info that could turn the trick for you and you should do well. We averaged probably 70 sauger and eyes a day last two years and that was just in the day houses. You will be in a sleeper in shallow water where the big ones roam early and late. If you have any questions that I can help with just ring me up here anytime.
Good luck, Chuck
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

The Wad

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2003, 03:58 PM »
Thanks Charlie, I'll take advantage of your hospitality to ask you a few more questions as our trip gets closer, do you guys use tip ups, or just jig?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.