Author Topic: TV Fishing  (Read 647 times)

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
TV Fishing
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:45 AM »
Did anyone watch "The Next Bite" on The Outdoor Channel last night?  Pete Maina was with a guide somewhere in Canada.  I flipped to it late, so I don't know where.

Anyway, they caught some really nice pike on tip-ups.  I would normally never post concerning a TV show, except that there were a couple of things that made me think of IS.  First, Pete sat down during the mandatory "here's what were using" segment and did a good job of showing and explaining quick strike rigs.  I know there have been a few questions about those lately.  Secondly, they caught 2 nice pike on 1 tip-up!  The guide knelt down at the flag and pulled in the first fish which Pete landed for him.  They started to mug to the camera when the guide noticed there was no hook in the fish.  It was just tangled in the main line.  Then he noticed there was another fish on the line.  The second fish was hooked normally.  It was pretty cool.  I was stunned.  Anyone ever experience this?

So set your Tivo, the quick strike lesson will be valuable to some, and the 2 pike on 1 tip-up is amazing.
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.