Author Topic: Defenbaker fish farm  (Read 1806 times)

Offline fish nut

• IceShanty Rookie
Defenbaker fish farm
« on: Jan 08, 2006, 05:48 PM »
how thick is the ice anyone and how are they bitting????

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
Re: Defenbaker fish farm
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2006, 11:53 AM »
ice at ff is aprox 4-6inches and very very slippery.if I was to fish there i would install some sheet metal screws into the bottom of my boots.i watched a fellow fall and hit his head on the ice.he never got up for some time.i live out there but never seen a fish get caught as we just walked out to talk.everyone had just set up so no fish on the ice yet.We went and tried further north and then ended up on the other side of the lk.and caught some trout and whites.there was a truck on the ice where we were but i would not advise it yet.the water was comming up around this fellows truck along the cracks.yikes!!

Offline fish nut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2006, 07:37 PM »
can anyone confirm this info???

Offline pimpmypike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:14 PM »
yup adipose is correct.i know him personally.he is one solid dude!hell of a fisherman too.he took us out and we slaughtered the rainbows and later whites in the boat this yr.thanks for the awesome trip adipose.

Offline whitetip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Well he may be a cool dude but we phoned out to the fish farm yesterday and they say they r still running back and forth from the shore to the nets with there boats so my question is, Don't u need ice to ice fish?  Maybe other parts of the lake r frozen but not the fish farm yet.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Well he may be a cool dude but we phoned out to the fish farm yesterday and they say they r still running back and forth from the shore to the nets with there boats so my question is, Don't u need ice to ice fish?  Maybe other parts of the lake r frozen but not the fish farm yet.
yes they are going to and from the nets with a boat as they have a channel cut and keep it open until thicker ice is made then they switch to quad.the ff bay is 4 inches other than the narrow channel.It is my guess that they are not keen on people as much as the previous owners.but dont take my word for it.drive out and see for yourselves.

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Hey guys, nice way to treat a fellow fisherman that was "ON" the ice at Deif. If you want info, dont go questioning it when you get it. Call out to the Esso in Riverhurst or the DNR. There is a reason no one gives out info anymore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.